Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Someone else probably also is posting, but anyway here goes. It's Thursday -- just today & tomorrow to finish what I want to get done before DS#1 arrives. His plane doesn't get into DIA until 6:40 p.m., so I have most of tomorrow to work, too. I'm hoping to get the kitchen floor mopped & waxed. It will take him a while to get his rental car & drive here, so it will be almost bedtime when he gets here.

I had problems with one of my stove burners yest. while cooking up the beans. I discovered it wasn't working right. I moved the kettle to another burner to finish cooking them. Last eve. I cleaned the stove top. When I re-seated that burner, turned it on, it seemed to be working fine. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've already replaced the 2 large burners since I bought this stove a few yrs. ago. I do a lot of cooking with large kettles on those 2 big burners. They just don't make things to last anymore. Frustrating.

Barb ~ What did you find out about Dottie from the vet.? Thinking of you.

Time to get on with my day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Hellos! :)

Good Morning Everyone....Joy, glad to hear your burner may be okay. You have had large expenses lately.

We took Dot to the vet yesterday and she had a severe episode of Reverse Sneezing. This is something that happens to dogs and cats. Rather than sneezing and blowing the air out (like we do) she was sneezing, taking the air in, gagging and choking and couldn't catch her breath. It was quite scary. Actually it is not an unusual thing but none of our dogs have ever done it. Our vet feels Dot's was triggered by a ragweed allergy. We are having the worst ragweed counts in history this year. Tom put Dot on Zyrtec until after ragweed season. He listened to her heart and lungs and he can hear a little more fluid around her heart. She takes two water pills daily along with a myriad of other heart meds and they should handle it. If not, he will increase her dose. It's a balancing act with congestive heart disease. She has been treated for it for two years already and has done pretty well. Thank you to everyone who prayed for Dottie.....this really scared us. We fully understand she is declining and will leave us soon. We just don't want her to leave suffering and gasping for air. Unless she passes in her sleep I will hold her when she goes.

This morning I plan to wash windows and screens before the sun starts shining. I need to get on it, as it's getting bright out. Will check in later.

Have a great day everyone....hugs...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Joy and all who follow,

Sunny and cool - doesn't get better than this. Yesterday I did about 4 hours of yardwork - burning weeds in the pavers, deadheading the geraniums and flowers. Pulled a lot of weeds filling up a yard waste bag. After an hour of resting, I went to my sewing room and cut waffle weave fabric in tea towel size. I serged the edges on all, 30 towels and 11 dishcloths. This morning I may start sewing the edges, although I only have a few hours. I have also pulled out fabrics for the borders.

Today is another family day. I will go visit mom and stay for the monthly birthday celebrations. Then I will go to my DD and prep supper. We will go pick up the kids at daycare and school (same building) and give them supper. Her DH has a course that finishes around 6, so he won't be home until 7pm. DH has an osteopath appt, so he usually rests after that.

Barb - thinking of you and hope that Dottie is not too much in pain.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, y’all have been on my mind concerning Dottie. So sorry that she is not feeling well.

Hugs to you. Hoping Dottie has a good day today.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Barb, y’all have been on my mind concerning Dottie. So sorry that she is not feeling well.

Hugs to you. Hoping Dottie has a good day today.
    Pam, Dottie is having a fairly good day so far. She wants to be held so my plan to wash windows went out the window...lol! Holding her is much more fun.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

What a happy fall day it is here. Very cool, but the sun is still very warm.
    Yesterday I was able to finish a quilt top that will either lift your spirits or give you nightmares. When hubby found out it would have to wait to be quilted because I didn't have any backing, he offered to buy the backing. So I ordered some wide backing (yay, no piecing!!!) and already have the batting, although I will need to figure out if I want poly or cotton or wool. Then last night I put another set of blocks up on the design wall and have futzed around with it every time I go through the room. This morning I got my flu shot and then made a crock pot of chili.....the kitchen is trashed. I am a super sloppy cook. Who hates to clean up.
    One of our dogs has an ear infection and can't get seen until tomorrow. I wish there was something I could do for him. He loves a hot bath, so maybe I'll plop him in the tub this afternoon. If nothing else, we'll be warmer!
    Here is the quilt top I finished....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cutting Corners.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	160659

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Joy, I hope that your stove burners continue to work well. I went to look at a new stove the other day. It was very disappointing as the new coil burners outside two rings no longer heat up (new government regulation). So basically the large burner becomes a small burner and the small burner becomes a mini burner. After talking with the sales lady, it became clear that we are going to have to look at switching to gas because I won't be able to can on the new coil burners and as much canning as we do at once, I can't use a glass top. I did get all of the applebutter canned.

Barbara, I am glad the doctor figured out what was wrong and a way to help Dottie. Cuddling her sounds like a good way to spend the day.

Suzanne, enjoy the day with your mom and daughter.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I have several things to work on, just not sure which one I want to work on first.

Have a great day!
    Charyti

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I think I'd take a "holding Dottie day" over any household chores. You know I mean what I say.

Gina

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I've been sitting here, listening to a book while Mike's at work. I usually take it with me to the sewing room but I don't have a project started. Not sure what the afternoon will bring when Mike gets home shortly.

Jerrod posted a new video about the genetic research he was a part of...https://www.facebook.com/uconnhealth...IyMDE2OTU5MjA/
    He looks so healthy! I'm so happy for him.

The grands came over for supper last night. Jim called around 3:30. Morgan had won a dinner for two at my favorite pizza place down here. The prize expired last night. So they had a date night and I had to rethink my dinner plans quickly. Three cleaned plates meant grandma had to bake some cookies, too. Thank goodness I keep cookie dough in the freezer for quick desserts!

Mike and I went to the meat market yesterday, then rearranged the freezer inside and outside. Oldest to the front and new purchases in the back. Normally, he just throws things in. I know what we're having for dinner next Monday when we have family dinner. There was a sirloin roast I'd forgotten about.

Joy, I know what you mean about disposable large ticket items. My cousin's daughter bought a refrigerator last year, and has had to have the repair guy out 3 times. She's ready to throw it out the door herself. I'm dreading replacing the appliances here. I know I'll have to do the fridge and stove. We already replaced the dishwasher when we moved in.

Suzanne, have a fun day!

Barb, it sounds like they've figured out a course of action for Dottie. The kids brought Pepper yesterday. It was a nice visit. She played with her toy and drank a ton of water. Jim said he hadn't been able to get her to drink anything. I just looked at her and told her, that my water wasn't all that good, at least they can put filtered water in her dish.

Charyti, my mom loved apple butter! I haven't thought about it in ages.

Well, Mike just called. He's on his way home. Have a great day everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening from soggy Texas. I am in a fortunate area of town (30 miles North of Houston) that only had 6 inches of rain and no flooding. It was so dry when I left the house this morning, but now I need to go turn off the sprinkler since it is definitely not necessary, Looking at the news, there are so many trapped on the roads in their cars, folks flooded out of their homes again. They are all in my prayers that they may maintain patience and find some relief from this continued flooding. Counting my blessings. Nothing else going on here, probably going to sleep early tonight.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post