Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Hellos! :)

Glad you're safe Karen!

I'm sitting in the living room with the sliding glass doors open! Whoot Whoot, it's in the 70s and breezy. I guess all the folks going to the football game tonight won't bake like the last home town game.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the news about Dottie until today. I hope she does well on the new treatment. I spent many days cuddling with our last Scottie. She was a sweet girl like Dottie. I can't believe that was 40 years ago. We did without a pet for a long time since we were traveling so much in the RV. Then came this cat.
    I've been busy this week .I had one of those miserable colonoscopies Tuesday, so it was prep all day Monday, test on Tuesday, and try to get better on Wednesday. I think that is the last one I'll have. It takes all the starch out of my sails and I'm still not feeling normal. I'll be 82 in a few weeks, and I've never had any thing wrong. Why am I putting myself through this???
    Our weather has cooled off a little. September has been brutal with temps over 95 every day and not a drop of rain. Still no rain in sight. I wish we could take some the water out of Texas. They have much more than they need.
    I have all new appliances in the kitchen. We had a GE stove with glass top. I loved it, but I never tried to cook big pots of food. I have gas now and love it also. I've had Kenmore refrigerators, and never had a problem except with the one we moved allover the world. It went from south Texas to Japan to south Texas to London England, and to Memphis. At that point it expired!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Navy Wife, if you are considered low to average risk for colon cancer you might be eligible for the virtual colonoscopy, Cologuard. It's done by checking the DNA in your stool. No prep, no anesthesia; you do it at home. I don't know why doctor's put people through the debilitating prep, anesthesia and expense of traditional colonoscopy when there's an easier and safer way. Again, you have to be low to average risk.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a "no risk" for cancer. No polyps, no problems, no history in the family. Like I told him, I'll be 92 when the next one is due. I'm not going to waste my time on that or anything else unnecessary! I may not even be alive!

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post