Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hump Day! Hello Wednesday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I posted yest. afternoon, so I probably don't have much new this morning. BSF is this a.m.; I play the piano. I need to come right home afterwards. The furnace man is supposed to come between 12 & 2. Time to get the furnace cleaned & checked over. It's at least 25 yrs. old, but it's an Amana with that stainless steel heat exchanger.

Yest. p.m. I did some more dusting & vacuuming. The lawn service mowed the lawn. Since I spread fertilizer on Fri., it's just now starting to green up a bit.

Normally, leaf peeping in the mts. would be in full swing by now, but they're saying due to our hot weather, the leaves will be at least 2 weeks later this season.

I saw on the news yest. eve. that Cokie Roberts died at age 75. Also Alex (Jeopardy host) is going to need more chemo. I know he has positive thoughts, but I don't know of anyone who has beat pancreatic cancer.

Time to get on with my day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hump Day! Hello Wednesday! :)

Great minds, posting at the same time.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning quilty friends,

Oh another gorgeous day. Joy - I read that you are busy, busy getting ready for your son's visit and fall cleaning. I could use some of your energy and drive right now. Like you, I have known many people with pancreatic cancer, and while some have had remissions, it is not a forgiving cancer. Very sad.

DH is volunteering at gliding club. Once a month, they give rides to challenged adults. It should be a beautiful and memorable day for all. Yesterday my son came for lunch and to look at pictures of our trip. The cleaning lady came in the afternoon, but I had to lay down. I was tired and nauseous from being awake all night.

My day is wide open to do as I please -- Wow, better not waste it. Maybe some sewing, burning the weeds between the patio stones. I did see a mouse dragging itself on the stones, probably injured by a cat, squirrel or large bird. I hope it's still not dragging if I go out.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....I have the grocery shopping done for another week and everything is put away. When I got home a smoke alarm was chirping and I had to track it down and replace the battery. I would like to make taco salad for dinner.

Dottie had a very bad night with her breathing and she will see the vet this afternoon when Jeff gets home. I fear her time is very short. Dottie....my heart. My daughter is coming for a visit October 10 and I'm hoping Dot will hang on until then. My daughter was Dot's (and Olive's) first Mommy and Dot remembers her and gets so excited whenever they see each other. Dottie has been loved by everyone who has had the privilege of knowing her.

Our A/C is failing and our refrigerator is doing crazy things. All of the alarms went off in the middle of the night. The temperature of the fridge went up but it was back down this morning. Then I broke a tooth....okay that's three things. Now I hope and pray nothing else negative will happen.

I need to get off here. Holding Dottie while I type is not easy for me. She is as big as I am and wiggles.

Wishing everyone a good day....hugs....

I broke a tooth a couple days ago so I have to see the dentist Monday afternoon. It is the same tooth I've been having trouble with for months.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, your post about Dottie saddens me. I sent you a pm.

Hugs, Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I hope the vet will give you encouraging news about Dottie. She's truly had a love filled life.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

An update on our furnace appt. today ~ He cleaned & checked everything well. When we turned up the thermostat to watch the furnace come on, there was an unwelcome noise from one of the motors. I think it's called the Induction Draft Combustion Motor. It was replaced once before, back in Jan. 2004. At that time, it cost ~ $250. It will need to be replaced now before heating season starts. He was going to see if he had the part on hand or if he'd need to order it in. I'm sure it will be more expensive now, 15 yrs. later. We'll set up an appt. for repair as soon as we hear back from him. Fortunately, our weather has been mild. The forecast is for good weather for the next week or so.

I have a kettle of Anasazi beans on cooking this afternoon. (I cook 3 lb. at a time.) This is the last big cooking item for DH that I need to do prior to my son's visit. Between now & news time, I'll see if I can get some dusting done. DS will be here in 2 days. Yay.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard from Barb about Dottie?

Jeannette