Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday Already

Good Morning, I see several of us here, so we'll probably have several greetings this morning.

Mike went to work this morning, only to get there and find out the email schedule was wrong. He's already back home.

Quiltfest starts tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get there or not. I'd like to go. We'll see who can take me. I didn't make a reservation for the bus when he said he was off Thurs.

Jim didn't bring Zeke, so I'm waiting to see if Morgan brings him when she takes Esther to school.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday Already

Katrina ~ Yup - we were posting at the same time.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina - I posted on Joy's thread.

I hope you can get to Quiltfest. That would be wonderful. I would so enjoy this.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is a beautiful day here but will be hot, hot, hot. The weatherman promises that tomorrow will see some relief from the high 90s. I am so ready.
    I broke a jaw tooth last week and I don't think there is any chance of a cap so it will probably be pulled at my dentist appt this afternoon. We usually go out to dinner with friends on Wed. night but cancelled for today expecting to be unable to chew. Since it has not been hurting maybe I will get lucky and continue painlessly.
    I am making scads of flying geese for a king size quilt, I think I got all my background squares marked with their diagonal lines yesterday so just sewing them today prior to the dentist.
    Hope that mouse doesn't drag himself into your house.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It definitely feels like a fall morning. I need to find a light k jacket to put on. I tutor , then have pt, and a late afternoon appt. hope to find some time to sew. I must have picked up a stomach bug. I have felt nauseous for 2 days.
    Katrina— I decided at the last min to go to the quilt fest last Saturday. I needed to get out of the house ,but enjoyed looking at the quilts and the fabric.

Have a great day.
    Beth

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.
    Beth- I hope you feel better. Claire - I hope the dentist trip is painless.

It is a beautiful but windy day here. In a few minutes I will go next door and help my neighbor with her computer. This afternoon I take Kaylee, the German Shepherd, in for an allergy shot. Poor thing was itching and chewing this weekend. DH just got back from the dr who said his hip replacement surgery can take place as soon as he is ready. He is bone on bone so he has a lot of pain on a daily basis. Does anyone have any encouraging hip replacement stories? He is very, very worried about the surgery. Well I have to get going. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Jeannette

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hip replacement - can be a piece of cake or a nightmare. Be sure to check out the brand & type of prosthesis the surgeon plans to use & totally research the product. There have been recalls & lawsuits on some of the prostheses products.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

When a friend had a hip replacement, they didn't measure very accurately, and she ended up with one leg significantly shorter than the other. To even it out, she has to wear a shoe with a built-up sole on one foot. On the other hand, my SIL had a hip replacement last year. It was done robotically. His CT scan was loaded into the computer, and the robot then knew exactly how to fit the prosthesis in so it aligned perfectly. Recovery was swift (only one night in the hospital), and he is hoping for 25-30 years from his new hip.

Check out the orthopedic surgeon's ratings, including infection rates, and ask how many hip replacements he does every year. Sure, surgery is a scary thought, but oh, to be able to move without pain..........

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post