Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default REPLAY: Tour of the Missouri Star Education Center with Misty and Courtenay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjOluQv3J3E

I wish that I would live closer. It sounds like so much fun!

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: REPLAY: Tour of the Missouri Star Education Center with Misty and Courtenay

How wonderful. When I was in Hamilton last year, the retreat centre was on the corner next to shops. This sounds like it has moved to a larger location, still nearby. It looks beautiful and I'm happy to hear that sewing machines and tools can be provided. I would not want to carry my stuff on a plane.

So yeah, I am definitely going back to Hamilton next year or sooner.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: REPLAY: Tour of the Missouri Star Education Center with Misty and Courtenay

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    How wonderful. When I was in Hamilton last year, the retreat centre was on the corner next to shops. This sounds like it has moved to a larger location, still nearby.
    The Retreat Center is still in the same location and still does the overnight retreats. The Education Center is across the street in the old Theater building. Both locations are great to sew at depending upon how much time you have to spend in Hamilton. The children and I have all enjoyed sewing at the Education Center. The focus of the Education Center is doing one day or less projects. And of course, the Retreat Center is awesome to have a retreat in and take classes depending upon the retreat what exactly is available when it comes to class projects. I can't wait for our Fall Forum Retreat in less than two weeks.

5. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    How wonderful. When I was in Hamilton last year, the retreat centre was on the corner next to shops. This sounds like it has moved to a larger location, still nearby. It looks beautiful and I'm happy to hear that sewing machines and tools can be provided. I would not want to carry my stuff on a plane.

So yeah, I am definitely going back to Hamilton next year or sooner.
    Suzanne, Let me know when your next trip is and I will try to get to Hamilton to meet you. We are about 4 hours away.

7. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I nearly jumped out of my seat, hearing that M* is going to have a Handi Quilter Long Arm Retreat next summer! Holy Smokes, I want to go to this!!!!!!

Any tips on how/where to watch for when registration opens?! TIA....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
    I nearly jumped out of my seat, hearing that M* is going to have a Handi Quilter Long Arm Retreat next summer! Holy Smokes, I want to go to this!!!!!!

Any tips on how/where to watch for when registration opens?! TIA....
    It should be listed on their events page https://www.eventbrite.com/o/missour...ats-5151510907 when registration opens up. They will sometimes also put it on their main page.

10. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post