Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you heard

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you heard

any sounds of fall yet? We had geese flying low over the house this morning. Boy were they ever talking to each other. Must have been getting their flying order down right.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you heard

Haven't heard any sounsyet, but leaves have started to turn colors.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We're having a very hot Sept. I have heard the geese a couple times as they flew over. The blue jays have come down out of the mts. & are around in the yard more often. The squirrels seem busy burying their treasures. Their tails are getting fluffed up & thicker, which means they're getting ready for cold weather. There is a hint of Fall with cold mornings, slower warm-ups, cool nights. I heard there was at least one snowfall above 10,000 ft. in the mts. Just a light dusting. One year we had 8" of snow on Sept. 20, so one never knows around here.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The cooler weather from the hurricanes has left the area. It was close to 100 today.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I heard my furnace come on!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Here in southern Ontario, I am seeing the geese flying over in formations. I hear them more at night , they stay by the lake ( 2 streets over ) . The trees have fringes or colors, so we are seeing the first of autumn. I love this season even tho it always feels like it is the shortest season .The sunflower heads are huge and heavy with seeds. At least the mice aren't trying so frantically to get in like they do during heatwaves. The best sounds of fall, is my feet dancing on the deck, I can finally go outside and enjoy the perfect temps.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The leaves are starting to turn, the farmers are starting to get into the field and it seems like there is pumpkin everything everywhere. However, with these hot temperatures (we were in the 90s today), it sure doesn't seem like fall is anywhere in sight.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are hearing and seeing ducks and geese. The hummingbirds are in a feeding frenzy preparing for their long trip and the garden spiders are very active. They are the ones who make the huge webs and eventually they float through the air....it's a magnificent sight. The yellow butterflies that signal the end of summer are everywhere. The tips of our Fire bush and a few tree are turning red....it won't be long. In the meantime, another 90+ day today.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The coyote sings have begun, as they start to pack up and teach the young to hunt.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's starting to feel like fall. Haven't heard the geese getting ready yet to go south. When they do it's like marching bands. It's been cool since we got back, and all our autumn sedums have turned punk. The bird feeders were empty when we got back. We saw our first ,Ouse on the patio this morning, it must have been injured by something as it was dragging itself. Yeek. I hate these. Time to set traps near the house. Don't want any residents. I love Fall.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.