• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LauraP
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Have you heard

any sounds of fall yet? We had geese flying low over the house this morning. Boy were they ever talking to each other. Must have been getting their flying order down right.
    sigpic
  • wlrquilts
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2012

Re: Have you heard

Haven't heard any sounsyet, but leaves have started to turn colors.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

We're having a very hot Sept. I have heard the geese a couple times as they flew over. The blue jays have come down out of the mts. & are around in the yard more often. The squirrels seem busy burying their treasures. Their tails are getting fluffed up & thicker, which means they're getting ready for cold weather. There is a hint of Fall with cold mornings, slower warm-ups, cool nights. I heard there was at least one snowfall above 10,000 ft. in the mts. Just a light dusting. One year we had 8" of snow on Sept. 20, so one never knows around here.

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

The cooler weather from the hurricanes has left the area. It was close to 100 today.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• bubba
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

Yes, I heard my furnace come on!!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• minipinlady
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2018

Here in southern Ontario, I am seeing the geese flying over in formations. I hear them more at night , they stay by the lake ( 2 streets over ) . The trees have fringes or colors, so we are seeing the first of autumn. I love this season even tho it always feels like it is the shortest season .The sunflower heads are huge and heavy with seeds. At least the mice aren't trying so frantically to get in like they do during heatwaves. The best sounds of fall, is my feet dancing on the deck, I can finally go outside and enjoy the perfect temps.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2013

The leaves are starting to turn, the farmers are starting to get into the field and it seems like there is pumpkin everything everywhere. However, with these hot temperatures (we were in the 90s today), it sure doesn't seem like fall is anywhere in sight.

Comment

• Bubby
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

We are hearing and seeing ducks and geese. The hummingbirds are in a feeding frenzy preparing for their long trip and the garden spiders are very active. They are the ones who make the huge webs and eventually they float through the air....it's a magnificent sight. The yellow butterflies that signal the end of summer are everywhere. The tips of our Fire bush and a few tree are turning red....it won't be long. In the meantime, another 90+ day today.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• auntstuff
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2017

The coyote sings have begun, as they start to pack up and teach the young to hunt.
                  She who dies with the most quilts is......
                  Still dead.
                  What's your hurry?

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

It's starting to feel like fall. Haven't heard the geese getting ready yet to go south. When they do it's like marching bands. It's been cool since we got back, and all our autumn sedums have turned punk. The bird feeders were empty when we got back. We saw our first ,Ouse on the patio this morning, it must have been injured by something as it was dragging itself. Yeek. I hate these. Time to set traps near the house. Don't want any residents. I love Fall.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Navy Wife
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

I'm not sure we will have a pretty fall. Almost 3 weeks of 90+ and no rain may run leaf season for all our visitors. When the Smokies are in full color, it's like living in the middle of a beautiful painting. This year looks like they will be turning brown and dropping. It has been several years since we have had a glorious fall. Climate change is hitting all over. For a few days we are dropping to 89!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2011

Sorry about the lack of fall color. We are planning a trip through West Virginia, Ohio and Western Pa next month. Hope there are some pretty colors to look at.
                        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Patsquilting
                          The Guild President
                          • Dec 2014

Like "Navy wife" - we are about an 1 1/2 hr from Maryville (NE Tenn) VERY hot and no rain. Leaves here are just turning brown and falling from trees - or they are just dropping green. Today is only 85 but feels very strange out. Have only seen 2 wooly caterpillars - one all white, the other all dark - HMMMM - wonder what that means?!

Comment

Working...
                          X