Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Selling question

First of all let me say that I am NOT trying to sell my machine on this forum.
    And if this post is not allowed here, please feel free to delete it.

I make mostly bags so am thinking of getting the Juki 2010. So with that in mind I'm thinking of selling my Memory Craft 6600p. But I have no idea where to do that. Is there is a website where one can do that on.

The guy I bought Janome from doesn't want to give me much on a trade in and he keeps pushing me to get a high end machine, which I simply cannot afford. If I get the newest one M-something or other - he'll give me more on the trade in, but I'd still have to spend much more that my budget will allow.

I'm totally new to this trade in business and honestly thought I would get more than a couple hundred dollars for such a great machine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Selling question

I have bought machines from Craigslist and sold to members of my guild. It will probably be difficult to get a big price from either.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Would you be able to place an ad in your local paper?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

In the past I have kept a machine as backup because they just wouldn't give me a fair trade in value. I have also sold one to a guild member for a fairly decent price. Good luck.

5. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
    Would you be able to place an ad in your local paper?
    Well that's a good question Barb. I haven't gotten a newspaper in several years. But we do have a couple of neighborhood selling sites online - might try that. Thanks for jogging my memory

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingaway View Post
    In the past I have kept a machine as backup because they just wouldn't give me a fair trade in value. I have also sold one to a guild member for a fairly decent price. Good luck.
    I kept my little 250 dollar brother when I got my Janome - and it's quite a little work horse. I took it to retreat this past weekend (its so much lighter to haul) and I made 2 bags using heavy duty interfacing and it went through all the thick layers like melted butter.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I sell on FB Market Place. Have good results. Face to face, exact cash only,sheriffs' dept e- commerce spot complete with camera.
    6600's hold their price value. Good Luck.

Blessings kathy

10. Thanks quiltingaway thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAMSAN View Post
    I sell on FB Market Place. Have good results. Face to face, exact cash only,sheriffs' dept e- commerce spot complete with camera.
    6600's hold their price value. Good Luck.

Blessings kathy
    thanks Kathy - gonna hop over and have a look/see

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you like Janome and would like to stick with that brand (and maybe get a better trade in) take a look at the newer Janome HD 9 model. It will sew bags just as well as the Juki 2010. I think the price might be a bit higher than Juki, but it is a nice machine.

You could also check into quilt guilds, as sometimes they have bullitin boards where you can put up a sale flier for your old machine
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    If you like Janome and would like to stick with that brand (and maybe get a better trade in) take a look at the newer Janome HD 9 model. It will sew bags just as well as the Juki 2010. I think the price might be a bit higher than Juki, but it is a nice machine.

You could also check into quilt guilds, as sometimes they have bullitin boards where you can put up a sale flier for your old machine
    thanks karen - I'll check this one out