Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Tuesday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Thankfully, a better night's sleep. Lots to do today, working on my to-do list. Friday is coming up soon, so I need to get crackin'.

Yest. I spent most of the morning in the kitchen, mixing up my turkey patties. In between, up & down stairs to the bsmt. checking on laundry. Did 4 loads. I cleaned a few windows. It seems like we've had several flies in the house lately, so the windows got smeared when we whacked the flies with the swatter.

We had another very hot day yest. It got up to 96. Only 88 was predicted. It's been an unseasonably hot Sept.

Katrina ~ I hope your squirrel problem soon will be fixed. We have screens & heavy wire over the air access opening to our attic. Twice we had a mouse get in the house, probably through the garage door into the kitchen. We keep those glue boards spread around the garage these days. Actually, we use them all over the house for spiders, etc.

Anybody know when Monique will be home from vacation?

Time to get on with my day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Tuesday! :)

Good morning Joy and all to follow. It's a nice morning here today after a bit of a grey day yesterday. We have a few outdoor chores on our list for today. We actually have a lot of things on our to do list but we just pick one of two that we tackle each day. No need to push ourselves or overdo.

I also need to go into the bins from the craft fair and check out inventory and see what needs to be replaced for the next one. Plus I am working on Secret Santa gifts, shower gifts for my dil's baby sprinkle and also Christmas gifts. So, it is a busy time in the sewing room too.

Whatever is keeping you busy today, I hope it is a fun thing. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Joy and others who follow,

Another perfect day. Sunny and cool in the mid 70s. Yesterday I ran some errands and visited mom. We went to a special bingo. She didn't win, and I'm a newbie to bingo. After we went to the social area and split a beer. She was having a good day. She is really happy that I am back. I will go on Thursday for the Birthdays-of-the-Month. Joy - Monique should be home around the 22nd or thereabouts.

My son is dropping by for lunch and to see the pictures from our trip. I think I will make a hearty chicken vegetable soup with baguette. The cleaning lady will be here after lunch. Not certain what else is on my plate. The weeds are calling me. DH said that he wants to remove our pond next year and create more of water feature with stone wall. That would be nice, but I don't want him to do it. That would certainly lead to major back issues. Oh, how soon he forgets.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Bright and in the 7o’s here. The only thing on my agenda is to sew and wait for the groomer . I forgot case the puppy around and clean up after her.
    Tonight I am going to the Philadelphia Modern Quild meeting. It is about 30-45 min away - depending on traffic. I will have to see how Waze sends me.
    Thank goodness I have only had to deal with dead squirrels in my yard. I shovel them in a bag and put in the garbage.

Have a good day.
    Beth

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our temps are in the high 90s, too. I am ready for some fall and the weather people are promising things to get better Thursday.
    We were talking about getting the diseased tree down in our front yard. DH called a tree service for a price, they came and just took it right down yesterday, poor guys, it was 98 degrees. Now to find another tree to replace it with. I want something that grows quickly, isn't messy and doesn't run roots along the ground surface, any ideas?

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, barely,

Home school this morning seemed to drag to me. I guess my restless night didn't help. I woke early and since I didn't get to sleep until almost 2, I was scared to try to go back to sleep when I woke just before 5. I knew Jim was bringing Jonathan at 7 and I didn't have everything together.

I have the throw for Morgan, backing and batting ready to go to the long armers. I just can't get motivated to quilt it myself. I'll drop it off today.

I hope everyone has a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Clair ~ Re: your tree -- you don't want a cottonwood & probably not a honey locust. We asked the same question when we moved here 41 yrs. ago. Planted 2 cottonwoods in our front yard. Quick growth, but the roots came up in the lawn. We took them down. We have several honey locusts in the back yard, which I like, but....after 30 yrs. the roots are showing up in the lawn. Twice we've had to have our sprinkler system worked on where the roots pinched the water lines. Do you know where all your water, sewer, etc. lines are? One hazard of having trees in front lawns is the roots getting into the sewer lines & the need for rotorooter work..

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again for a few min. ~ I'm taking a 30 min. break before starting my next project. I spent most of the morning in the downstairs bathroom. Scrubbed the shower, DH's shower chair, cleaned everything, mopped the floor, washed the rugs. The rugs have outgrown their effectiveness; the rubber backing now doesn't hold them in place. I have them out on the line drying. They will be retired. I bought new rugs for both bathrooms last fall; I've been using the one set on the main level for almost a year. Time to put these others to use.

The morning low was 58, but now the temp. is up to 94. It's not hot enough yet in the house to turn on the swamp cooler.

I'll be looking forward to Monique's posts when she gets back from vacation.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post