• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Monday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are at the start of a new week. I did take it easy yest. A long time friend from ID called last eve. It was good to catch up.

Oh my - A rude awakening at 4 a.m. with the worst ever skunk odor. Even with reversing the fan in my window, I could not stand to stay in my BR. The stink was too awful. I laid down for an hour in the guest BR. Not sure if I slept -- just sort of drifted. DH woke me up at 5 a.m. I'm dragging -- still feeling really tired. I don't want to get sick just before DS comes, so I'll have to do my work a little at a time & try to get extra rest. I started taking Echinacea yest. Maybe I'll take some Vit. C today.

This a.m. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties. I need to call the thrift store to determine if they'll take my books & used 3-ring binders. I have 2 boxes of items to donate.

No more time now.
  • minipinlady
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2018

Re: Monday Morning Greetings!

Good Morning Joy and everyone =)
    Hope you are feeling better Joy, a disrupted sleep is no fun.
    It's quiet here , and that is wonderful. I love those kind of days. Today is a housework day , but tonight I hope to make up some more appliques for future use. Both my son and his lovely wife are Scorpios , so I made a white scorpion applique with gold trim for her, and a black and purple one for him.
    I found a good website for coloring book pages that I use to get applique shapes from. I will add the link here .
    As a child there is nothing I enjoyed more than escaping into a coloring page with my crayons. Now I want to share that experience with your children. Welcome to the world of super coloring pages. From your child’s favorite animals, cartoon characters, and sweet treats to cars, airplanes, and spaceships they can find many pages to spark their creativity. Coloring helped me and can help your children to express themselves in wonderful ways, and as I’ve found lead them to an appreciation of art. Choose a coloring page with your little one and let their imagination run wild! Sincerely, Nastya

Have a great day.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Good morning friends. Sorry about the skunk, luckily we don't have them in our neighborhood. I do smell them along the highway sometimes and can't imagine how horrible that smell would be close up.
      My day starts with a follow up trip to the doctor for DH, then we are going to look at trees. We need to replace the tree in our yard with something that will grow fast, not put out surface roots/shoots or other mess and will provide shade. We have a dying oak that has got to go.
      I have finished my DGD queen sized quilt and started on a king sized one for DS & DDinL. I want to get out the fabric I bought last fall for a double wedding ring but need to finish the DS one first.
      I have also sandwiched a Project Linus quilt to fmq in between standing, pressing, and cutting.
      Thanks for the coloring link.
      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Good morning all,
        Joy - my DH also woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep. Now he's back down for a nap. It's going to be sunny and cool today. Love this weather.
        Yesterday, it was loads of laundry and stocking fridge after holiday. I put away the suitcases. DH cut the grass and other outdoor chores. He may have overdone it. A GF sent me a message. Her mom 97 who lives at the same residence as my mom, passed away Friday. I am going to play bingo with mom today. Her caregiver has used up all her hours for Sept. I don't really want to increase her number of monthly hours, as I have been paying for this. There are volunteers where she lives, and since she has a caregiver, they don't bring her to activities or spend time with her. The other option is to try & spend more time with mom.

I've assessed my quilt projects and UFOs. I need to make 4 labels on DH's embroidery machine. Then I need to start cutting waffle fabric for bordered dish towels. These usually sell well. I am all out of microwave bowls, baby washcloths. I should look at my bin of baby fabrics to sew these up.

DH's nephew in Kansas has posted that he is getting married in 2020. I met his GF last year and they are a good match. I may make them a quilt, as he was really intrigued and taken back when I gave his Great grandpa a quilt. I don't know their plans, but I would enjoy attending.

Enjoy your day and have fun.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• baslp
          The Guild President
          • Sep 2012

Good morning. We will reach 83 today. It is the perfect temp for me. I have to prep dinner since the dog trainer will be here at 3:30.
          I am putting the binding on a quilt I want to send to a cousin. She and her family are great hosts when we come to hunt. I also wan to continue making the block I started in my class.
          Thanks for the coloring book link!

Beth

Comment

• Simply Quilting
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2013

Good morning! Yesterday evening worked on canning apples butter. Put up 42 jelly jars and today we will finish the rest but it will go into pint jars as the children go through it quickly. So it makes zero sense for what I put up for us to go into jelly jars.

We went to a very nice wedding reception on Saturday. On the way there, we stopped off at a couple of quilt stores. It was not until we were back on the road, that dh said he had found a quilt that he wants me to make. Which is fine and dandy with me but there is only one small problem, the fabric that is needed for the quilt is at that store. So it will be a road trip back to pick it up sometime. I told him if he ever found something that he liked to let me know right then because most of the time, when fabric is gone it is gone and never reprinted again. I did some checking on-line and many stores are already out of stock if they carried it to start with.

The MSQC Birthday Bash then Fall Forum Retreat is quickly approaching. This is basically the week that I need to get everything finished and packed as once Sept 25 hits, the birthday celebration begins.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• KPH
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2015

Good Afternoon All,

Home school morning today. We finished up early, so Jonathan and I put together a pound cake. It's still in the oven. It's either this one, or I'm quitting the pound cake baking game. J wrote in his journal about Esther's sad looking cake.

The squirrel guy came and got the cage up for the squirrel. He checked, only one- no babies. So that's a good thing. The eviction notice is on the front corner of the house, the secondary place it was found, is blocked and sealed! They'll come back after a few days and make sure it's left to do the clean up.

No plans to sew today. Family dinner is today, ham, butternut squash, peas, and fried apples are on the menu with some pound cake for dessert.

Have a great day!
              Katrina
              From NC, retired in FL
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2015

Good morning!

Thank you for the link to the coloring pages. Today it is cool and windy, with blue skies above. I woke up feeling quite groggy and out of sorts. I have lots of errands to run today so I have to get with it. I hope to work on my quilt later but we will have to see. Have a great day everyone!!

Jeannette

Comment

• auntstuff
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2017

Craving a nap again, not enough sleep. My dear baby brother has finally decided to quit smoking, and I am his support system. Day or night, yep. I never know when I might get a late night or early morning call to distract him from wanting a smoke. I don't mind, really. Just missing a couple hours here and there til he gets through. 2 weeks now, so he's making it.
                  She who dies with the most quilts is......
                  Still dead.
                  What's your hurry?

Comment

• K. McEuen
                    Super Moderator
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
                    Craving a nap again, not enough sleep. My dear baby brother has finally decided to quit smoking, and I am his support system. Day or night, yep. I never know when I might get a late night or early morning call to distract him from wanting a smoke. I don't mind, really. Just missing a couple hours here and there til he gets through. 2 weeks now, so he's making it.
                    Our weather went from hot, hot summer to almost late fall feeling pretty much overnight. My hibernation mode wants to kick in, so I hear you on the naps.

Good luck to your brother. If he likes grapes, tell him to put some in the freezer and when he has a craving to get one out and suck on it. It should help relieve some of the oral stimulation that he is missing from smoking and grapes are good for you.
                    K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

• auntstuff
                      Missouri Star
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                      Our weather went from hot, hot summer to almost late fall feeling pretty much overnight. My hibernation mode wants to kick in, so I hear you on the naps.

Good luck to your brother. If he likes grapes, tell him to put some in the freezer and when he has a craving to get one out and suck on it. It should help relieve some of the oral stimulation that he is missing from smoking and grapes are good for you.
                      Thanks. He actually just bought some green grapes.
                      She who dies with the most quilts is......
                      Still dead.
                      What's your hurry?

Comment

• KPH
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2015

Sniff, sniff.. it rose and looked so pretty. Then it boiled over and made a mess... but it didn't stick to the pan!

Dang it, what am I doing wrong???? Dumping what's left of the flour. I don't remember what brand I bought but I'll be looking for Red Band, or Pillsbury. Dumping what's left of the baking powder (it's out of date in Jan. anyway). Buying old fashioned Crisco, and real name brand butter. I won't try another until close to Christmas.

The kids were thrilled, two little pieces of cake. They tried both and actually said the first one was best. They're wrong! lol but they tried to make me feel better about it.
                        Katrina
                        From NC, retired in FL
                        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                        X