Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Thursday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Thursday

Good morning my friends. It was another day of unpacking, unbelievable that we had that much stuff. I don't remember packing that much, LOL!! More laundry done, sleeping bags are washed and put away. I still have some laundry to do but tomorrow is another day. I did get our screened gazebo up and dried and also two tarps that we packed wet. My gazebo had a boo-boo but I fixed that with needle and thread.

This morning I will be off to get some groceries. I work all next week (where I can quilt) so I will need to take something with me. While on vacation I bought 5 bags of scraps for $1 each. I may take those with me.

So that's it for me for today. Wishing you all a marvelous day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It Thursday

Good morning. I finally have a minute to check in. I spend a lot of time with the vet on the phone or in her office due to our diabetic cat. I cleaned up a lot of his messes yesterday morn. We finally gave him some Imodium last night. Thank goodness he seems better this morning.
    I am off soon to an eye appt. I hope to finish the binding on my quilt this afternoon. I want to get it in the mail.
    Glad to see Monique made it home safely.

Beth

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Itching! - itching! - is the name of the game here. Those spots on my L. side are driving me crazy. I was able to get in to see the dermatologist at 1 p.m. yest. It was time, anyway, for my annual skin checks. I started out with 3 spots, then had 4 by morning. The dr. counted 6. He said it could be early stage shingles or it could be folliculitis. So he's treating me for both -- oral anti-viral med. (a huge pill 3 xs/day) & topical antibiotic lotion (apply twice a day). So for now, no hugging, no holding of babies. It's ok to be out & about.

This a.m. DH has a dental appt. to seat the new crown. This afternoon is the swamp cooler appt. I have no idea when I'll get back to sewing. The flower beds need weeding again; the spring bulbs need planting. The list never ends.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I worked off and on the blocks for the panel quilt. I have 10 blocks made and I think that's it. I think I'll sash with white and use the green and white striped for the outer border. Who knows!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have to go to the gym this morning and when I return the rest of the day will be quilting.
    I have been making flying geese in spurts, sew, cut, press, trim, and repeat. There are going to be 300 or so in the king quilt with lots of background, too. I haven't counted what I have made but will later today. Maybe soon I can start sewing them into rows.
    I also need to replace the bobbin tension spring for one featherweight, I have the spring but have been procrastinating. Perhaps that will get done today.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's raining and it will most of the day, with cooler temps. Knowing this, I booked a manicure and had a massage already booked. It's going to be a ME day. I'm still feeling run down from being around sick kiddos, and have been feeling pressure on my ears and sinuses. I hope it doesn't develop into anything. I might make it to the sewing room, maybe not.

Yesterday I ran errands, visited with mom and picked up another ring at jewelers. Somehow over the years, my fingers have gone from size 6 to 7. I have been getting my favorites expanded over the years. This last one was a new ring from first marriage at our 25 anniversary. All other rings, I gave to my DD but this one I picked out and I liked it. There was engraving and I asked them to remove it. When I went last week, they had re-engraved the initials. I lost it. They buffed them out. I want no association of this ring to the ex. It's beautiful and will make a nice ring for going out.

DH has dates for his cataract surgery. Right eye in January, left one in February. Perfect. It won't interfere with his flying activities.

I also received a package from M* yesterday, order placed on Sept 20, received Sept 25 by FedEx International Economy. Now I am still waiting for an order placed on Sept 16 sent by regular? FedEx - sitting in Newark, NJ since 18th. I don't get it. I will contact customer service to try and determine how they decide which method to send.

Joy - I'm glad that you are getting treated. Shingles is no fun. Had you had the shot for it?
    Barb - I hope your mouth is not too sore.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe. Stay dry, cool and warm, depending on whatever Mother Nature is dishing out.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; September 26th, 2019 at 10:38 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I opened the windows this morning and now I can hear the steam whistle coming from the Old Iron Days festival. I can see why those old country singers liked the sound of the train and it really is a lonesome sound.

Packing the house up and it is NO FUN! My DH doesn't like change so he's not much help.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!
    Joy, I hope its not shingles.

Today is beautiful, supposed to hit a high of 76 (rather than 100 like yesterday.) I have sewed eight trees for my next quilt so I only have six more to go. Wish me luck! I hope everyone has a great day!

Jeannette

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0536.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	160747

Name:	100_0535.JPG 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	160746

Name:	100_0534.JPG 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	160748

Name:	100_0533.JPG 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	160749

Name:	100_0532.JPG 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	160750

Name:	100_0531.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	160751

Outer borders left to do. I'm liking this baby quilt.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how cute is that! Love it.

I don't know for sure if it's shingles or not. The dr. is treating me for both shingles & folliculitis. I'm taking the oral anti-viral & using a topical antibiotic lotion. It still itches like crazy, but maybe not quite as bad as on day 1. I don't have the neuropathic pain that people with shingles complain about. No, I did not do the shingles vaccine. It's very expensive & requires 2 shots; Medicare does not pay for it. I know vaccines have been a controversial topic in the news, but we are very opposed to immunizations. My grt. gr. son had an adverse reaction to the MMR & was sick for months. My 2nd grt. gr. son thus far has been able to avoid getting any vaccines. There is a big push by the gov't. to have all children vaccinated or they will not be permitted to attend school. Some states & schools still allow exemptions.
    Last edited by JCY; September 26th, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, KPH thanked for this post