• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracie T
    The Guild President
    • Sep 2017

Oil for Juki 2010q

Good Morning, all. Well, I was looking for oil for my Juki and the manual says New Defrix Sewing Machine Oil #1. I looked it up on Amazon and other places to buy but it comes in a huge bottle! I would be able to put it in my will for generations to come! LOL I can't seem to figure out a comparison that will come in a normal size bottle with spout. I don't want to mess up my machine if this is a special kind of oil.

Can anyone that owns this machine tell me what you use in place of this type of oil? Thanks!
    Tracie
  • sydneybean
    The Guild President
    • Feb 2010

Re: Oil for Juki 2010q

I've never even looked in my manual as to what type of oil to use. I didn't know I was suppose to use a special kind. I just use regular sewing machine oil. I've never had a problem . If you want to use that oil maybe check with a Juki dealer in your area and they might sell it in smaller quantities.
    So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

• Sharyn J
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2012

For my 2010Q I use Zoom sewing machine oil. It has a spout attached and costs $6.50 for a bottle from Amazon. I'm sure it's available from other sources as well.

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

I also use the Zoom spout oiler. A 4 oz bottle lasts me for years. You can get free store pick up at your local walmart

Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• GuitarGramma
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2012

I also have used Zoom for many years. Here's what I don't like about Zoom: that zooming spout gets really messy. I actually stood my Zoom oil inside a glass jar to contain the drips.

I've also used Singer machine oil, based on advice from Sewkarma here on the forum. It's way less messy, but also a little tough to aim at the spots you need to oil.

Finally, I have purchased Martelli's Red Oil and will use it next time I fire up my Juki. But I do admit, said Juki hasn't been used in a very long time.
          Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• The_Last_Unicorn
            Batting Beauty
            • May 2016

I use regular sewing machine oil for my Juki 2010q, but I use a needle-tip applicator like this one since it's less messy than the original bottle.

Comment

• GuitarGramma
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2012

Two more things:

1. You really do have to oil your Juki religiously . This means after 8 hours of sewing or after any substantial period of unuse.

2. The oil can drip out the bottom, so it's good to clean under the machine regularly. Also, I've learned not to leave fabric overnight with the needle down. I've had oil slide down the needle and get absorbed into the fabric. (I should clarify that I have the Juki 98E, not the 2010, so some of these issues may be fixed in your machine.)
              Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Tracie T
                The Guild President
                • Sep 2017

Thanks! I appreciate your advice.
                Tracie

Comment

• The_Last_Unicorn
                  Batting Beauty
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                  2. The oil can drip out the bottom, so it's good to clean under the machine regularly. Also, I've learned not to leave fabric overnight with the needle down. I've had oil slide down the needle and get absorbed into the fabric. (I should clarify that I have the Juki 98E, not the 2010, so some of these issues may be fixed in your machine.)
                  The 2010 will leak excess oil, too. If you use more than a drop per hole every 8hrs of use, oil will start to ooze out of the buttons and the seams of the aluminum case.

Comment

• JCY
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2013

I'm glad I don't have to oil my DSM. I do oil the Baby Lock Tiara II table LA as needed, per manual instructions. I'm still using from the container that came with the machine, which has a small tip on it. Just one drop in the bobbin case is all.

Comment

• just4me
                      Designer Diva
                      • Jan 2016

I was recommended to use the same thin specialty oil that I was using on my Bernina 710. The Bernina is long gone but I keep using the same brand of oil.

Comment

• oldmanquilts
                        Designer Diva
                        • May 2018

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                        I also have used Zoom for many years. Here's what I don't like about Zoom: that zooming spout gets really messy. I actually stood my Zoom oil inside a glass jar to contain the drips.

I've also used Singer machine oil, based on advice from Sewkarma here on the forum. It's way less messy, but also a little tough to aim at the spots you need to oil.

Finally, I have purchased Martelli's Red Oil and will use it next time I fire up my Juki. But I do admit, said Juki hasn't been used in a very long time.
                        To stop the Zoom spout oiler from dripping, leave the spout at full extension. If you push the flat at the bottom end of the spout into the oil it will continue to siphon oil from the bottle.

I also use the Zoom spout oiler, but not their "Sewing Machine" oil. Their "Turbine Oil" is the same oil but labeled differently. It's available in more places. I get mine at the local Ace Hardware
                        You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

• Dalronix
                          Binding Belle
                          • Jul 2013

My Juki dealer in Australia told me to stick with good old-fashioned Singer sewing machine oil.
                          ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Comment

Working...
                          X