Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oil for Juki 2010q

I was recommended to use the same thin specialty oil that I was using on my Bernina 710. The Bernina is long gone but I keep using the same brand of oil.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    I also have used Zoom for many years. Here's what I don't like about Zoom: that zooming spout gets really messy. I actually stood my Zoom oil inside a glass jar to contain the drips.

I've also used Singer machine oil, based on advice from Sewkarma here on the forum. It's way less messy, but also a little tough to aim at the spots you need to oil.

Finally, I have purchased Martelli's Red Oil and will use it next time I fire up my Juki. But I do admit, said Juki hasn't been used in a very long time.
    To stop the Zoom spout oiler from dripping, leave the spout at full extension. If you push the flat at the bottom end of the spout into the oil it will continue to siphon oil from the bottle.

I also use the Zoom spout oiler, but not their "Sewing Machine" oil. Their "Turbine Oil" is the same oil but labeled differently. It's available in more places. I get mine at the local Ace Hardware
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

My Juki dealer in Australia told me to stick with good old-fashioned Singer sewing machine oil.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"