• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

Humberto is heading out to sea. I've had one shower and expect more today. We need the rain!

The squirrel guy is supposed to come tomorrow morning. Yippee. Naturally, since he's been here, there's not a sound coming from that area. I'll have the tree guys that take care of my palms out front, to come and trim all of the limbs of our neighbors trees that hang over the fence. Not that it will keep squirrels from jumping over, it will keep those limbs from being a hazard to me and my bedroom corner of the house.

Next month, the plan is to call Jim's irrigation's company to see what needs to be done. I haven't run it since we moved in. I'd like to get a well put in for the irrigation, but we'll see. Jim's had nothing but trouble with his irrigation system, but the home owner put it in. Part of the front yard, I'd like to have removed, so I can put pavers down and finally get my swing set up.

I'm planning on painting this afternoon. I've been looking at the hedgehog tutorial by Sarah Cray, Let's Make Art. There's a hedgehog in the baby quilt that I just finished. It might be a fun card to make to go with it.

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A cool, fall morning. Clear skies & beautiful full moon. We hit 94 yest., & it's supposed to be hot again today.

I spent all yest. a.m. in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. I had a larger whole chicken this time, so it made 15 qts. I'm always glad when that big job is done. In the eve. I cleaned the frig. & changed the box of baking soda. I also washed down the area above the kitchen cabinets & wiped down the things hanging on the wall. They had accumulated quit a bit of dust. Also wiped down the doors on the upper kitchen cabinets. The 2 big jobs that need to get done yet before DS comes are mop/wax the kitchen floor, & scrub the shower. I'll do the dusting a little at a time.

This a.m. will be church. A quick stop at the groc. store for a couple items on the way home. Then my plan is to chill out, rest, & work on my Bible study lesson & take it easy all day.

Comment

• KarenC
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. I finally started quilting the t-shirt quilt again yesterday, but thread kept breaking on me. Need to get out my book and see what is causing this. I need to get this quilt finished, so that I can then start packing for M* retreat. Hard to believe it is in 2 weeks.

Picked up DGD yesterday for a sleepover. She is so sweet, but constantly wants you to see something, and I have no idea what she is saying most of the time.

Katrina, it seems like you have some good plans for what you want done to make your house your own. Hope you get some rain, but only what you need.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful sunny day and though we may have roamed there's no place like home Slept like a baby. Only one of our cats came to greet us at the door, but was cautious. We had to look for the other one. He was hiding under the bed and couldn't get coaxed out for a few hours. He came out when our neighbours dropped by. The drive home was overcast, with light showers throughout the 6+ hr drive. We decided to take the north side of the St-Lawrence to get home. Mistake. We had to go through Quebec City, Trois Rivieres and Montreal which were congested and lots of road construction. My GPS kept adding time to our arrival time. I should have known. DH was glad I was driving through Montreal. He hates it, but I am used to their traffic, lane changers and generally crazy drivers.

Today will be laundry. We emptied suitcases last night and separated the loads. Folding and putting away. I did buy some gifts for xmas for some of the family, not all when I saw it, I just knew. I found myself a small ceramic mug and a small porcelain mug, made by local artists. I had been looking for this size for awhile. There was a craft outdoor market on Wednesday we were there. I picked up some mustard pickles and another local pickle. There was one lady selling sewn and quilted items. She had baby panel quilts for sale for $50. Nothing special, with cross hatch quilting. They were not moving. Other items were selling quickly. There was a lady who made jointed Bears from fur coats, price ranging from $75-90. This is really cheap. I got the only fox one she had. I have been looking to have my coats done as bears for GKs. Prices here are $250-300. I may ship her my coats to make over the winter.

Going to relax and chill. I know I will have to call mom or drop by. I did buy her mints from Ganong chocolate factory.

Have an enjoyable day.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• baslp
          The Guild President
          • Sep 2012

Good morning. Sunny and warm here too.

I decided Friday to go to the quilt show/ fest near me. I looked at the classes being offered and found one I liked. Luckily there were 5 spaces left. It was a class to make a woven star. I was able to get some of the pieces made. I met two talented women and they invited me to a meeting at the Philadelphia Modern quilt Guild. I am going this Tuesday night. I need to put away all the goods I found at the show— new no slid3 rulers, patterns, and kits.

My DH took care of the pup and other animals so I could have a day to myself. This morning he is taking part in a bike race to raise money for cancer.

Have a good day.
          Beth

Comment

Working...
          X