Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craft Fair went well today

Today went pretty well. Although I didn't sell any quilts I sold a lot of the smaller items. Enough that I made the same about this year as last year. Some of the items I hadn't sold in the previous year sold this year also. So all in all it was a good day. There were more people this year then last so the day went by fast. I treated myself to dinner at the Lodge at the Park and was home to greet Carlie by 7PM. Things are packed away and I'm now brain dead and looking forward to a good nights sleep :-0

Tomorrow I have to start putting the various eye medications into my eye in preparation for cataract surgery I'm having Wednesday so I need to keep myself "relaxed, calm and non stressed" so I'm going to try to keep my brain shut off for another couple of days! Having the Craft Fair helped me not think about that :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Craft Fair went well today

Congrats on the craft fair sales.

MM had cataract surgery just about a year ago. I still have a hard time seeing him not wearing glasses! Thankfully, he has to wear readers, so there is that! Funny part is when he forgets to take them when we eat out and I have to read him the menu!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

3. Thanks Carlie Wolf, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you did well. I am in craft store for 4 weekends in November. I need some new ideas. What sold well for you? I had cataract surgery a year ago , I thought all went well, and was a lot easier than I thought. Good luck let us know how you do.

5. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great day! Good luck with your cataract surgery. My surgeon explained every he was doing as he did it. Second one was a breeze. I was thrilled to be able to use some of my old glasses while I was waiting for my new prescription.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The microwave bowls almost totally sold out. (I price them at 8.50 or 2 for 15). If you have a favorite football team that everyone likes or local team then those always sell out. Make sure you do them totally in cotton or they melt in a microwave. Those tube cloth bags you can put your small plastic bags in (or rags if you have them) sell well and are easy peasy. I sell them at $50. The key fobs sell good at 5 to 7 dollars. Again I do a lot in favorite teams or with the local High Schools mascot name (in this case Bearcats doing in in their colors). For those I use my embroidery machine. The zipper pouches sell well between 8.50-10 dollars. Again favorite team and HS themed for band and sports. I also do the embroidery design for pets and wildlife. The potato zapper microwave bags did well too (8.50) They were my main sellers today. I may have one of the baby quilts sold but who knows as she has to contact me (they usually don't pull through though)

The idea of doing up the recycled grocery bags for people who purchased over $20 also seemed to be appreciated and well received so I'll have some more there for the next fair.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    - embroitique

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, am2901 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the notes about the surgery. My sister said it was easy too so I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be but then I seem to be keeping myself at low metabolism. I didn't think about how it would effect my current eyeglass prescription. My left eye has quite a thick glass and he did mention that would probably be thinner now. It's hard for me to know really what it will be like because the left is also a lazy eye with stigmatism with the right having almost perfect vision. I do tend sometimes to just use my right eye. I've always been farsighted so of course that got worse over the years. My right eye is going to be done October 10 so I guess it will be about a month after that before I actually get new prescription glasses.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had my right eye done last month, and Tuesday I get the left one done. I was shocked by how much my vision in the right eye improved, and if my left eye does as well, I'll be down to readers only.

The period between the two surgeries has been challenging, as I can't see out of my left eye without my glasses, but can see clearly out of my right with the glasses. So it seems I spend a lot of time "winking" at people. LOL.

Will be glad to get this second eye done next week.

12. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So it really doesn't bother you during surgery watching them poke you in the eye??? I keep thinking there will be some reflex reaction when they are doing that. My sister says no but I'm finding it hard processing that?????? LOL

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carrie, thank you so much. I have sewn some the same things you have, but you gave me some good ideas. One thing l want to make this year is the curvy fabric gift card holder at www.craftystaci.com , they would be fast and not a lot of investment, also last year I sold a lot of the present place mats from pattern at connecting thread, I sold the ones with Birthday fabric for $10. a piece, they went very well.
    Also on the eye surgery they gave me something that I really didn't know or didn't care. I only remember one brief moment.
    Thank you, Carrie , I will be thinking of you, please let us know how it goes. The eye drops afterwards gets old but it don't last that long , but be sure and do them.��
    Have a relaxing night and tomorrow!

15. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    So it really doesn't bother you during surgery watching them poke you in the eye??? I keep thinking there will be some reflex reaction when they are doing that. My sister says no but I'm finding it hard processing that?????? LOL
    No, really after the numbing drops and dilation, about all you see is a very bright light and some movement/shadows.

I guess you could move your head, but to be honest I was to scared to move (I'm a big chicken when it comes to my eyes).

They'll probably offer you a mild sedative (Valium is was I got) and I highly recommend taking it if you can.

They also use a special device that holds your eye lids open so you can't blink.

17. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post