Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday hellos

Good morning,

We are back in our time zone, and only about 6hrs from home. It's been a holiday, different than what we expected but a change of place. It rained overnight and we wil probably be getting on/off rain on the way home.

Yesterday was a beautiful day for driving home through the mountains. It's nice to be on the road, but it wil be nice to come home. I miss my furry boys who wake me up.

Although there was no quilting or shopping at LQS, I did see quilt patterns everywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	160617. Carpet in halls

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	160618 wallpaper in one the hotel bathrooms

Enjoy your day. Be safe as I see Mother Nature is kicking up her heels (storms, tornadoes, flood) around the world.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks quiltingaway thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday hellos

Good Morning,

Suzanne, it's so nice you've had a great holiday! I'm ready for a trip, but I'll settle for a day at QuiltFest next weekend. It's local, so hopefully, I'll get there!

I worked on the baby quilt for a little bit yesterday. I'm going to try to work on it some today and the other big thing is to bake Esther that pound cake she wants. I've been dreading it. Ever since we moved, my bundt pan sticks. It makes a big mess. We'll see what happens today.

VERC went well, I guess. I'll be working with the white cane next trip. It was nice being able to come straight home and not all over the county.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ My clock radio blasted on at 5 a.m. I asked myself why it was so loud! Duh! I forgot to put my ear plugs in when I went to bed last night. I was soooo tired when I went to bed last night. In the evening after it cooled off a bit, I spread winterizer fertilizer on the lawn. After walking back & forth umpteen times, I was pooped. But I'm glad that job is done for the season.

Yest. a.m. I headed out right after breakfast. First stop was Home Depot; they had winterizer, but only in 25 lb. bag. Those are too heavy for me to manage. Got groceries, then made a stop at Lowe's. They had the smaller bags of fertilizer. They've downsized them to only 13.5 lb. They give you less product for the same $, so in essence one pays more for less. I also bought several pkgs. of bulbs. When DS & I re-did the flower beds, we dug up all the bulbs; they're pretty old, so I bought some new ones, varieties I didn't have before.

In the afternoon, I did the veg. prep. for chicken soup. I'll be in the kitchen all morning today making the soup today.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    ... is to bake Esther that pound cake she wants. I've been dreading it. Ever since we moved, my bundt pan sticks. It makes a big mess. We'll see what happens today.
    I spray my pan with Pam and that usually works. I know my mom would coat her pans with butter and dust with some of the flour mixture. It could be the different sea level or humidity. It does affect baking. Good luck.

I would love a quilt show about now. I know I missed a few while we were gone b

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

It is chilly this morning! Not really, it is about 64. What a difference from yesterday! It was 90 and humid. Today is supposed to be pleasant, with temps in the mid-70's.

I haven't spent much time in the sewing room lately. I'm having a hard time deciding what to work on. I have a couple of UFO's outstanding, plus a couple of new projects that called to me to over the summer but I never got farther than sample blocks. I should work on another wallhanging of my employer's mascot...we have an auction in November, and my boss volunteered me to make one.

Suzanne: sounds like a wonderful trip, I'm glad you had a good time! Love the FMQ in the wallpaper!

I should grab a bite to eat before running errands. Have a great weekend!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....Jeff just left with a friend to work at the apartments today. Their task is to put in new mailboxes. We have waited for weeks to get this done but the weather hasn't cooperated and the soil has been to mushy to pour new concrete. Hopefully all will go well today.

Suzanne, so glad that you and your DH had a good trip even though it wasn't the original plan.

My doctor's appointment yesterday was lengthy but it went well. A few changes in my medication should help me begin to feel more like myself again. We shall see.

The Girls are still sleeping and I'm going to take advantage of that and have another cup of tea.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It has been a busy week. Having to pick up Henry everyday instead of sharing that with Joe's parents kind of changed things. Joe's dad is having some heart issues and is going to have an angiogram on Monday. I hope all goes well and they find out what is causing the occasional v-tac.

We worked outside yesterday morning and got one of the front flower beds weeded and moved some of the tiger lilies to a new spot in the yard. We will be heading to a nursery today after Henry's tball game. I want to see if they have onion and garlic sets and I also want to pick up some spring bulbs to add to some areas. And maybe I will spend some time in my sewing room this weekend too.

Time to get going. Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

It is a beautiful day and should reach the mid 80's. I started a quilt for my DH; Elizabeth Hartman's Legendary. Basically it is a bunch of trees with one Bigfoot. My DH knows I am making him a quilt but he has no idea what kind of quilt. He loves watching TV shows about Bigfoot so I think he will be tickled to get this quilt. So much cutting of fabric though! Well at least it will keep me out of trouble!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Jeannette

12. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jeannette, Had to go lookup the pattern. He should like that!

14. Thanks CraftyJnet thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is one ticked off Grandma. Esther's cake fell, stuck and in general looks like it's already been attacked by a 1 year old. Now my camera won't attach to the computer. My frustration level is hitting overload and my kitchen looks like a cyclone has hit it.

We went to get oil and filters for the truck and car, got home and the garage door wouldn't open. I've told Mike to change the batteries, but I doubt that he's done that.

OK, I'm going to the kitchen and clean up the mess from baking an ugly cake I wouldn't gift a dog.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou