Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default On a new camera hunt

I usually would get a SLR camera. But that was because I sold on Ebay and Etsy and needed great pictures. So now I'm looking for a point and shoot for about $200. I figure that's middle range or is it?

Anyway, I haven't gotten a new camera for about 15- 20 yrs. What's good out there lately?

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On a new camera hunt

Lorie,
    Point & shoot camera sales have been withering. Cell phone cameras are really pretty good these days. Have you taken a quick look at them? I bought a pixel 3 phone just for the camera. That's also one less thing to carry.
    Diana Grey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea, but I don't use a cell phone

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

No cellphone here either, no signal. I have a little Kodak point and shoot that works well enough. It even has a zoom.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I carry my iPad with me or use my phone.

DH just bought another Canon camera before the trip. It's not a point and shoot, although it's pretty idiot proof for me. I didn't ask but I, certain it's not in the $200 range. Doesn't fit in my purse.

For me the ability to quickly transfer photos to my laptop would be priority

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Canon for years, it worked great. I dropped it and had to replace it I bought a Nikkon. It's a good camera, too. I paid less than $200 for each of them, I think the Nikkon was under $150. I don't use it as much, because I use my cell phone for "in the moment" photos. I use the Nikkon mostly for family pics, etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Canon Power Shot takes excellent pictures and is small and easy to use. It has a built in zoom but you can't attach any power lenses. Easy to transfer photos if your computer or laptop has a slot you can pop the memory card into. I think it is less than your price range. It even flashes a message on the 2 inch screen that says Change the Batteries and I like that. It has a little fold out screen where you line up your shot, no tiny pinhole view finder like older cameras.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I looked up the Canon power shot and wow those little things can get up there! I've got to be a good girl and stop that habit of buying the best when I don't really need it any more though.

I had a Fuji and an Olympus, so I'll try the Canon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Nikon CoolPix 53700. It does more than I will ever need and it's small enough to carry in a pocket. It's rechargeable and a charge lasts a very long time. I think it was less than $100 at WalMart.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Little update...I went for the Canon power shot. It was just under $200, but I couldn't help myself and got the kit that goes with it. It's purple too.

I miss having a camera, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Lorie