Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday! TGIF :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another nippy morning. Just 50 deg. It's barely 70 deg. in the house & feels cool.

Well, I wasn't as ambitious yest. After spending the morning baking the bread, I didn't get a whole lot done the rest of the day. I did get out the bottle of Old English scratch remover & do both sides of our front door. That spruced it up nicely. Today will be a trip to the groc. store. Tonight it will be veg. prep. for making chicken soup tomorrow.

Our pastor's wife came home from the hosp. yest. afternoon. Her vision has improved since her surgery.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday! TGIF :)

Good Morning everyone,
    It's a dark and cool day here. Very damp too after all the rain we had yesterday. The trees are turning quickly, and already blanketing the ground. I love walking in crunchy leaves and our one dog loves doing the zoomies in dry leaves.
    I finally got into my sewing room yesterday. I dug out a quilt top that I had finished a couple of years ago and got it nicely pressed. Then I pieced the backing and now everything is nicely packaged to send off to M* for a professional quilt job. It's a very nice top, and I just can't do justice to it. Then last night I got out the blocks for a quilt that I had saved for a rainy day when I want to get a quilt done quickly. Today I'm hoping to start the piecing.
    I've been in physical therapy for my knee, but despite everything it's not improving; in fact it has gotten worse. I maintained from the start that I had torn a cartilage, but the doctor blew it off as "just arthritis". The therapist has also agreed that I had torn the lateral posterior meniscus. Now it will be the long drawn out process of getting an ortho appointment and an MRI. I've been researching and studies are showing that in people my age, an arthroscopic repair is not really better than doing nothing when looking at pain levels six months from the injury. I don't want surgery, but I can't imagine just letting this go for six months; this really hurts.
    Time to go to the post office and send my quilt off.
    Everyone have a great day!!!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    I am currently upstate for a weekend trip. I brought my embroidery machine up with me as I use a very good Janome tech that cleans and services it up here. Unfortunately there are no techs down where I live but my sister lives up here so I get to spend time with her as well so it's a winning combination for me.

Last night we met up with friends for a very enjoyable dinner and evening. Today we will head to my sisters home. Tonight my sister and I will be heading up to the lake house for a sewing overnighter. We will leave our husband's down at her house and get some sewing and sister time in and return to them Saturday morning.

Some of the trees up here already have a bit of color to them, won't be long before they show their glorious yellow and orange foliage. Well, breakfast is being served in the hotel now so we are heading down. Wishing everyone a good day and weekend.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Please send us some of your cool weather. It was 95 yesterday and expecting 98 today. No relief in sight till the middle of next week. I hibernated in the house as I have done all summer. We also had air quality warnings.

We're having the front of the house landscaped. Everything had overgrown so bad! That's what happens when you go away every summer and play! Now we are staying home and paying the price. Should be beautiful when they finish. Right now it's a mess!

I finally finished the binding on a quilt that has been sitting here for 2 years. I have one more to finish, and then get some more quilted. I have so many UFOs! Have a retreat coming up in October and I hope to finish a few!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It's a beautiful morning, finally some days below mid 90s here. Crunchy leaves and cool weather sound delightful!

I have my VERC appt this afternoon. Luckily for me, I have Mike to take me, so there won't be the whole afternoon wasted. Next weekend is QuiltFest. Mike works every morning of it. I told Jim yesterday, I'd really like to go. I may check into taking the bus downtown and have Mike meet me there on Thursday afternoon. He acts like he enjoys looking at all the quilts... He is amazed by some of them, I know I am! Another plus for next week- NO VERC!

Another storm is brewing, the spaghetti tracks are consolidating. Esther's Birthday Party has been postponed. I do hope it rains, I hate for them to cancel it and it be a beautiful day. I think I will bake her the pound cake she's asked for tomorrow.

Morgan has switched her hours. 12-Midnight starting soon. I'm not sure what the delay is, but it isn't right away. Jim's excited, but I'm thinking it's going to be harder on him in the long run. He'll have to get the kids out the door and to bed every morning by himself unless Morgan is off for several days in a row. After that move, she'll be next in line to move to day shift. I hope it will be quick!

I have a sandwiched baby quilt waiting on me in the sewing room.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

had a nice shower thru the night and it cooled down to a comfortable temp. DD is off to her Doc apt early today. Her last scans shows she is cancer free and can now go on a Pill instead of the infusion of poison that has been her life for the past 3 years. Yea!! Progress....and she has recovered from her 2 emergency surgeries..Hernia. Life does seem to be getting better for her. Now her Hubby has to have knee surgery. He is walking on bone on bone in his knees. 2 years ago he had surgery on his left knee, now the Right has to have something done.

I have to finish the binding on a little girls quilt today so it can get sent off to her.. It's been "under the needle" since last Spring. That's a new record for me.. I did get a "stacked block" cut out .. so I'll reward myself with a new project when I finish up todays project.

AND, I have a new phone to conquer.. it's my first "smart" phone. I always just got a flip since it was small enough to carry in my pocket. Well, DD got all new phones for everyone,,, and she got a great deal with MINE... Just when I got comfortable and giving my brain a rest from all this technology, she drops this bomb. So I blew out the cob webs learning how to make a phone call this week. Now I'm working on getting a photo taken and sent. Next week I may try the Facebook app that everyone around here uses. But don't count on me having that many NEW brain cells working. I really need to keep what I have focused on quilting.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, glad your DD is doing better finally. I just want to add that your comment about the new phone is understood quite clearly here.

We're getting new computers at work on Monday. Everyone on the floor. They will have Windows 10. Fortunately, I have been using Windows 10 at home for a while, so it won't be entirely frustrating.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Friday the 13th with a full moon.....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,

We checked out of NB hotel this morning. It was a beautiful sunny day in late 60s. We had one last walk on the wharf to take pictures. A tall ship expected today has been delayed by one day. We then started our drive home. We are in Rivière du Loup, Quebec on the St-Laurent. I did most of the driving, about 6 hrs. We're halfway home. Some of you may know that Canada is now in the early start of elections for Members of Parliament and Prime Minister. Today our PM is apparently campaigning in town. Not certain where it is, but we can see him anytime at home when parliament is in session.

I can't believe that I did not go search for LQS. I think I was fabricked out. I miss my cats and I'm sure they miss us. How they will behave is to be seen. Ignore us or whine us to death.

Good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Safe travels, Suzanne ~ It's always nice to go, but also to get back home to one's own house, bed, & comfort.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post