Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to get rid of back pain

I was surprised when my back pain was minimized with Physical Therapy. I went twelve times. It has been almost 2 years since I felt any major back pain. As an added bonus, I sleep better!

2. Thanks Rose0394 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that about every few years I go to the chiropractor for a few visits just to get my back realigned. He gave me a handy tip for neck pain which I periodically get from all the reading in bed and sewing/computer work.

Roll a towel up and place it under the nap of your neck. Lay there for about 15 minutes. This releases something in there that relaxes the muscles. It does help and I also find that I can twist my neck from side to side better afterward. I also have a portable tens machine that helps with that when I need it. I can use that with lower back pain too

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

4. Thanks Rose0394 thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for joining my topic, now I'd like to share my experience. Now my back pain is highly annoying so I was advised to try a standing desk with adjustable height. Honestly, I've never heard about it before but I took a shot. And you know, that was a good decision! Yeah, at first switching from sitting to standing was killing me. But soon after I'm feeling much better! So I don't need to make huge breaks being distracted by pain. Beforehand, I read lots of articles and blogs about this ergonomic furniture and if you'd be faced with the same issue, check out https://www.smarthomedesk.com/best-s...g-desk-review/ where I found my desk (Varidesk ProDesk, very easy to assemble). Thanks again!
    Seeing the doctor is my next step. Take care!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Btw yeah, I noticed it's getting worse to fall asleep so it might be linked.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot I'll try, cause my neck is feeling wooden after continuous computer work.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I stretch every morning before breakfast and it do helps me to reduce pain and feel fresh for the rest of the day.