Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Hellos! :)

Kathy, I have to agree with you. I live out of state, so am not near my mother's home for whenever she decides to get rid of anything. Honestly, there's not much I would want anyway. And I agree that times and traditions have changed. I do use my china once a year when my DD's family and in-laws come over. I would not be surprised if it all goes to one of those "Junk companies". But, I have told them, that I won't be here, so do what you want, just try to sell the longarm and supplies or donate to someone who will use it.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Hellos! :)

It's funny how we keep things for so long, only to have to go through it later in life and let it go. I guess my mom is not a sentimental person and she easily gave away all my grandmother's furniture, China and items when she died. I only remember seeing a few pieces of crystal and depression glass these she got rid of years later. Then she went though a phase and got fancy China, cutlery and crystal glasses. She always said it would be mine. In 30 years of first marriage, I didn't get any, nor did I want any of it. My DD always said she wanted it, so when mom went to a nursing home, I gave it all to my DD as my mom wanted. I have my own China, cutlery and collectibles I like. My DD wants my silverware and dishes. My son has interest in glassware. But who knows what will happen to it. I don't really care, I am enjoying it.

It does make me more aware that what I buy, someone could have to deal with disposing of one day. For now, I'm enjoying it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.