Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/11 anniversary

Today it's been 18 years since the tragedy in NYC. I can't believe it's been that long and were still dinking around with those responsible.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9/11 anniversary

I agree!

When I woke up that morning to get ready for work, I turned on the news to listen to like I did every other morning. Just as it came on, it showed the plane hitting the first tower. I could not believe it. MM was supposed to be back there working, within a block or two of the twin towers. Thankfully, he had gotten laid off about two months prior so he was not there.

I woke him to let him know and left shortly thereafter for work. We watched in shock and disbelief throughout the day at work, and several of our officers left to go back to help in the rescue efforts.

Never, ever forget.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the classroom when my DH called and let the school know. He knew no one would have a TV or radio on during school hours. Several of our parents worked in the airline industry and were in the air. One of our staff members brother worked in the towers, but had a dental appointment that morning and wasn't there. She couldn't get a hold of him and didn't find that out until that night. One of my TAs lost her mother in the towers. Her office was where the first plane hit.

So many parents went to work, left their families, never to return. So many first responders laid their lives on the line that day, only to have to deal with medical issues for years.

It was a horrible day that changed our country, and it united our country. In 18 years, we've forgotten the pain. We've allowed ourselves to be manipulated and divided. We need to go back and reunite that passion that we had for each other, the caring, the patriotism.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's so sad that so many of those emergency workers who responded to the towers & area either already have died or are dealing with cancer & other illnesses related to the exposure on that day.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I remember I was sitting watching TV and writing a business plan. My oldest son was starting his college program in security management. Before the 2nd plane hit, I told him this had to be terrorism as no one would be on that flight path. Then the 2nd plane hit, and we knew. This would change our lives and the lives of Americans and the world.

So many lives changed forever. I think it would be hard to forget.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    It was a horrible day that changed our country, and it united our country. In 18 years, we've forgotten the pain. We've allowed ourselves to be manipulated and divided. We need to go back and reunite that passion that we had for each other, the caring, the patriotism.
    Exactly, Katrina, I couldn't agree more.
    Donna