Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Wednesday! :)

Good Morning ~ Maybe Suzanne & I will be posting at the same time, since I see she's already on here this a.m.

A very busy day yest. I had left my office with a WIP the day before. I started right in after breakfast to try & restore order & do some much needed deep cleaning. What a job! The top shelf in the closet was too high to reach with just the step stool, so I toted in the 6 ft. wood step ladder from the garage. I was up & down much of the day. Got that top shelf cleared off & cleaned. More papers went out to the recycle toter. That thing will probably be almost too heavy to move to curbside on Mon. I have a whole box full of 3-ring binders that I've emptied out. Anyway, I got things reorganized & put back. The room is not done, but at least the closet is done. It feels good to get that accomplished. Except for a quick stop for lunch, I worked in there until almost 3 p.m.

Yest. eve. was our monthly guild mtg. Our previously scheduled speaker was unable to come due to health reasons. Our program chair put together a game of Jeopardy. The room was divided into 2 teams. Everyone was given a ticket with a no. on it & numbers were drawn from a box. She asked the questions & we had to come up with the answers. Some of the categories were Thread & Needles, Fabric, Quilting History, Grab Bag, our guild history, Fabric Designers, etc. It was fun as well as informative.

Today is our first session of Bible Study Fellowship. We'll be studying the book of Acts & the Epistles. Another lady & I will take turns playing the piano.

I hope someone hears from Monique soon.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Wednesday! :)

Joy, that sounds like the game was so much fun. The cleaning...not so much although I know it really feels good to have things organized. Amazing how much stuff we have that we just don't need or use anymore. I have been threatening to go thru the storage building and throwing things out...its just a big chore.
    Today I will go into town with DH. It has been so very hot here in the mountains the past few days. Gotten up to 90 which is a real annomally . We an need rain really bad.
    I made MIL a cake yesterday. Gluten free coconut cream for her birthday today. I got the recipe off the internet and followed it to a tee. Well, it bubbled up, overflowed and fell. I thought it seemed wrong in the ingredient list but went with it becquse all the reviews were so positive. It called for a tablespoon of baking powder and a tsp of baking soda. I know that tablespoon was the culprit. It tastes good but is really dense. But with the heat...I just can't remake it so ...better than no cake I guess.
    Since I've been home from the coast, I've been to the sewing room three times...drug out some fabric to plan a quilt but just can't get into it. I spend 15 min and I'm out of there. I have all the ufo's finished for the auction and I guess I'm just quilter blocked.
    I painted interior doors day before yesterday. They sparkle. I'm going to get paint for the laundry room today. Don't care what color so I'm hoping for a mismixed at Lowes at a bargain price.
    My son was planning a trip with his father to Germany this week but the father came down with Shingles day before they were to leave. Trip had to be canceled. Son lost a lot of money on that deal. Hotels said they had to have a weeks notice for a refund even though he had cancelation insurance. Train tickets couldn't be canceled. HO HUM. So, he decided to take a cruise to the Bahamas of all places. He is taking a friend with him and said it was really cheap...I would suppose so...
    Have a great day. I love you all.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We are suppose to have a hot day here. Taking care of the cat and puppy is my life right now. I spent 1.5 hrs at the vet hospital picking up the cat. The front desk people need to have a better system of contacting the vets. When I got home I had to feed the cat and then bathe him. Unfortunately he pees in the crate. It was after 7 before I could sit down and eat.

Today should be calmer. I tutor and then I am home for the day. I hope to make my binding strip for my braided quilt.

Have a good day.
    Beth

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    I was on earlier but had to switch devices. Seems my iPad didn't charge last night. I switched 'lug and using my laptop. I've been on cell texting with Monique. She's ok. Posted separate thread this morning.

Yesterday we visited Kingsbrae Gardens - beautiful. We are getting a lot of walking over 10k steps per day, up and down hills. Dh has been having sore back and today we are going to rest. We were going to visit Aquarium and around, but may stay put. I think we need some alone time together. We want to take it easy and its a good day since its light rain this morning.

I took lots of pictures yesterday but will take more later. So much to see and do around here. It is difficult though as our friends, she takes forever to get ready and we dont get going until almost noon then we have to wait, everywhere we go. I can see why her DH looses patience. High maintenance. Im not like that. Ready to go on a moments' notice.

Joy - glad to hear you are getting stuff cleared up. I feel good when I do this. And my kids appreciate this.
    Terry - I hope your son will not be disappointed. Im actually surprised that cruise ships are still operating. Many are there to help survivors of Dorian.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Joy, that game sounds like a lot of fun! Suzanne, enjoy your time with dh.

Yesterday went over to my folks and turned bushels of apples into plain applesauce that will become applebutter. Ended up with 84 cups of applesauce. So today we will start the applebutter cooking. Thankfully, the children are old enough to be a big help. Plus after many years of doing it, we have a good system down so it doesn't take long. It is also a great help that we have a Deluxe Food Strainer and Sauce Maker by VICTORIO VKP250. So it really speeds up the process.

I would like to make it to the sewing room today but we will just see how the day goes.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone.

Zeke came in this morning, Jim prompted him to ask me a question. He wanted to learn something today. So, I asked what he would like to learn. He replied Math.

He watched the PBS program while he ate breakfast, and the show was about Arbor Day. We did parts of a tree and the jobs of the different parts of a tree. He also did 1-10, and we read 4 books (two of which had trees in them). It was a busy morning for a three year old.

I'm expecting to get my backing fabrics from Backside Fabrics today and the Math manual from Amazon.

Time to get busy, Mike just got home from work. Have a great one!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quilt guild Jeopardy ~ One thing I didn't mention this a.m. was that the "board" actually was a quilt with rectangular areas on which were pinned the numbers, 100-200- etc. There were sticky notes on the back of each with which prize the person got. The gal's dau. (4th grade) & husb. helped out. There were 2 or 3 "daily doubles". Every person who got a correct answer got some sort of a little prize; the only exception was when it was a daily double. The gal really went to a lot of work to prepare for the game. She was dressed up in a silly outfit, with a wig, etc. It was a lot of fun.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Quilt guild Jeopardy ~ One thing I didn't mention this a.m. was that the "board" actually was a quilt with rectangular areas on which were pinned the numbers, 100-200- etc. There were sticky notes on the back of each with which prize the person got. The gal's dau. (4th grade) & husb. helped out. There were 2 or 3 "daily doubles". Every person who got a correct answer got some sort of a little prize; the only exception was when it was a daily double. The gal really went to a lot of work to prepare for the game. She was dressed up in a silly outfit, with a wig, etc. It was a lot of fun.
    Sounds like a lot of fun.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.