Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mid Arm thoughts

I was wondering if you couldn't have a stool that you can use while working on a longarm. You could scoot along while you quilt couldn't you? Still trying to decide on what I want to get.

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Baby Lock LA -- I think it's the Coronet -- is designed so it can be lowered so one can sit to quilt. But it may be only on a 5' frame.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geegeequilts View Post
    I was wondering if you couldn't have a stool that you can use while working on a longarm. You could scoot along while you quilt couldn't you? Still trying to decide on what I want to get.

Gina
    I can't see why not although if you are doing a wide piece the stool would have to have rollers on it. I used a stool with my Queen frame when quilting narrower pieces. I prefer standing though.

Regarding back pain when standing and quilting when I first started that was a tad annoying. But I saw that Leigh was recommending a cloth back brace so I purchased that. Turns out I only had to use that for a short while until my back got use to staying it that position. Now I don't need it at all. Come to think of it I'm sitting on it right now to make my computer seat a little taller :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind IF I can ever get one of the big boys. Or girls, lol.

Gina

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I can't thank you folks enough for all of your great information. Due to health issues, repositioning frequently on a frame like the Q-zone would not work for me. I appreciate learning about the 10' frame. Since I have the space, I better think of the 12'. Although the sitting options would have worked a few years ago, they are not an option for me any longer. Thank you again!