• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Good day Tuesday

It's going to be another beautiful sunny day, temps in the low 70s. I could live with this kind of weather all year. No humidity. This is the first time this summer that I have enjoyed summer. I would seriously love to be able to live here in the summers. So peaceful, relaxing, picturesque - like stepping back in time. There are no fast foods, no McD, no Starbucks except for coffee pods in our room, no major chains of stores, just all local. I love it. So much more personal. St-Andrews borders Calais, ME.

Yesterday we explored the Main Street shops which border the Bay of Fundy. I picked up a handmade porcelaine and a ceramic mug, small size. I've started buying some xmas gifts. DH bought an Irish wool patch cap and a few t-shirts. They have planned well, the streets are lined with benches to rest, or for DHs to wait for their wives. No quilt store.

Today we will visit Kingsbrae Garden and explore the shore. There is a new aquarium here which we will visit tomorrow, as They are forecasting light rain.

I see quilt patterns everywhere, the carpets, the wallpaper, the light fixtures. I will post pictures later. There is also a retreat center for artists. I may check it out and see if quilters would be welcome.

Enjoy your day.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Good day Tuesday

Good Morning Suzanne and all who follow,

I'm yawning this morning, the second day of the restart of home school. Yesterday was kind of a disaster. No math worksheets! So, I made a unilateral decision. I purchased a teacher's manual on the 'zon'. It arrives tomorrow. Nana will keep the other manual. There is absolutely no reason for Jonathan to have to carry that book back and forth. Second, the math worksheets are at my house. They'll stay here. I'll set up the math for the week and send the worksheets Nana needs to her on Tuesday. There! Done!

Next was a huge pile of library books- ancient history library books for kids.... what the heck am I supposed to do with them? Well, at dinner last night, Oh they're just to look at. Well, uh, nooooooooooo. I'll figure that out too. If you're going to have books we're going to do something useful. So, History of Math and Language are on my agenda for the next few weeks. We'll be looking at Mesopotamia and pulling some of my works. Not really 2nd grade level stuff, but it will lay a good foundation for later studies.

This afternoon, we'll have the pesky critter removal people come. They think we have a squirrel from the sounds of what I've been hearing. They're promising to make the house rodent free. It's one of those things I'm willing to pay to make it happen!

My backing fabric shipped yesterday, should be here tomorrow afternoon. My home school duties for this week will be done today, so the timing is right to get these projects taken care of.

Have a great day!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone...It's going to be a busy day for me. Dottie goes to the groomer and I will food shop while I'm in Houston. Easier said than done...lol!

I hope to continue straightening my sewing room tomorrow. I'm sure what's ahead won't be as bad as the cabinets were.

I will check in later. For now I need to get ready to go and make a shopping list.

Have a great day everyone.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Today I'll be continuing my ridding out project. I've had 2 shelves in my office closet of notebooks of nursing items, EMF/power line info. from a power line fight I headed up back in the late '80's, old Bible study notes, photo albums, etc. I've pitched a lot of paper into the recycle bin in the past 2 days. There wasn't enough time to complete the project yest. I hope to get it done today. Hopefully now I'll have space to store my more current items. There so much left to do, but it won't happen before DS#1's visit.

Tonight is our monthly guild mtg. I didn't go last mo. since it was a work day of sewing for charity.

Our pastor's wife came through her brain surgery yest. -- a 7 hr. surgery. The surgeon felt like he got it all. She's still in ICU.

Yest. was a slow warm up. By afternoon, it hit 92. The evenings cool off more quickly now & the mornings are cool. Fall definitely is in the air. It's time to think about having the furnace checked for the upcoming heating season. I made an appt. for next week to have our furnace cleaned & checked. The last check was 2 yrs. ago in Sept. Cold weather is just around the corner. One year we had 8" of snow on the 20th of Sept. I also made appts. for a bone density exam & the annual mammogram for in Oct. I'm gradually ticking items off my to-do list.

Katrina ~ I hope you get the squirrel problem resolved. Even though they're cute to watch, squirrels can be so destructive!
        Last edited by JCY; September 10, 2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• baslp
          The Guild President
          • Sep 2012

Good morn. I have a number of errands to run this morn. My DH dropped off the cat at the vet hospital for a glucose test. He gets so frustrated when he has to go there. He thinks that no one is a big hurry there. I had 15 missed phone calls when I got out of the shower from him. He should have told him that he really needs to go since he has surgery cases up at the hospital. By 5he time I called him back the nurse had collected the cat.

I did finish the binding on the quilt I am giving to my DH secretary. Now to bind one other quilt I am planning on giving to one of my cousins.

Have a good day.
          Beth

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning all. We woke to a cloudy, grey day but since we weren't planning on going to the beach, that's fine. I am continuing the cleaning up in the sewing room and making good progress. Hubby was supposed to head to Staten Island for lunch with some old neighborhood buddies but he just found out that it was cancelled. After I am done watching Henry this afternoon, I am heading out to meet a former workmate for dinner. I think dh has decided to do a bit of yard work since he will not be heading to S.I. I

Suzanne, your description of the place you are at is painting a wonderful picture. I think we need to add that to our "road trips we want to take" list. Joy, that paperwork just seems to multiply all on its own doesn't it? We have a bunch of that to purge too. Good luck with yours. Katrina, yes, squirrels need to be in their own little homes, not ours. Hope they are successful getting him/her to relocate.

Ok, back to work I go. Have a good day everyone.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

It's 100 already! I see the sun just peaked out....yesterday it rained all day....so dreary. I worked 5 out of the last 7 days and finally have a day off. My body was TIRED. I slept for 10 hours last night! I work again tomorrow, and then I'm heading to the cabin for 10 days of R&R. I plan on reading, going for walks, and a little bit of sewing.

Last night we finally closed on the cabin refinancing. We took 10 years off the mortgage, and dropped to a lower interest rate. It was a long process taking most of the summer with paperwork, finding documents, etc., etc. So glad to be done. I can already feel my stress level has dropped having finished with that project. The cabin was my idea, I initiated everything, make the payments, pay the utilities, etc., so it fell on me to get the refinancing done. Even though DH has his name on the deed along with mine, I'm "Queen of the Cabin"!

Suzanne, maybe a summer home is in your future? It sounds beautiful there. (Now, if they just had a LQS!)

Well, I suppose I should do something to earn my keep today. Blessings on your day everyone.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Ginny - it is so picturesque. It's a well kept secret.

NWMNTEACHER - I've been looking at houses for sale. The only drawback is that DH has had summer homes before. And all he did was spend his time renovating, fixing, maintaining a second property. So not sure. Maybe we can rent a home for the season. That could work.

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Suzanne have you heard from Monique?
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

No I havent and I'm concerned. I am thinking that she may have opted to go camping elsewhere rather than staying in PEi. The campgrounds would have been closed as they knew the storm would hit. I will try reaching her on FB.

Comment

• grammaterry
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2015

I sympathize with you for the refi paperwork. I spent two weeks doing paperwork to get the new house financed and then called and told her to stop the loan...That was a relief. I did not want to have payments on anything.
                      Now, about that second summer home. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that having two houses means two houses to clean and keep up. The inspector told me that only 10 per cent of the people keep a home in repair rather fixing them minorly when they are ready to sell. This is why they deteriorate. My mind still thinks 1994 is fairly new so I wasn't expecting a house that "new" to need any thing. WRONG. I guess I thought since my house is 50 years old and in good condition, something 20 years newer would be a breeze. Apparently when a house isn't being lived in, lots of weird things happen to them.
                      I'd find a place to rent and let someone else worry.
                      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                      Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
                      X