Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Monday Morning

Good Morning All,

I'm sitting here wondering what time my home schooler will get here this morning. Week before last, Mom brought him because she was off. This week, Jim will have car pooling duties for the kids, since Morgan is working most of the week.

I was sad to hear Suzanne's plans had to change. It might just make for a great new adventure. At least she didn't have to change her plans like we did one year (3 separate trips to two different ERs).

Pictures of the Bahamas break my heart. I saw a picture of a crane that was taken down by Dorian in NS. Naturally, it's my friend that builds those cranes for huge skyscrapers that sent that video.

I ordered backing fabrics for the two tops I made last week. They should be here by Wednesday. I don't think I'm going to have time to start anything before then.

Family dinner is tonight, chicken salad is on the menu. I'll head to the grocery store for fresh veggies to go with it. With it being close to a record 97 today, a cold plate will be nice. The chicken and eggs are ready to chop, so it won't take long to throw dinner together.

Have a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Monday Morning

Checking in from sunny St-Andrews by the sea,

So we changed our plans, and dropped the PEI portion of our trip. We were prepared to do this last week when we watched the path of Dorian. Luckily this area of NB was not impacted at all, mostly rain and some wind. We had planned to arrive on Wed, but called the hotel and we were able to add a few nights arrived last night. The nice part of the trip is that my GF & DH cancelled the remaining part of their trip to NS and came with us. Her DH just wanted to go back home. She really wanted to see this place and they are not disappointed. Before dinner we went for a short walk through town, and saw some young deer walking in people's yards and resting. They were chilling like the tourists. Oh, the bell hops are dressed in kilts, as has been the tradition for much of the 130 years.

Dinner was really nice. The guys had steak & lobster and the ladies had grilled halibut on a cassoulet of lobster. Dessert was oh, delicious. Today we will walk around town and explore. There is lots to see and do.

I really feel for everyone impacted in the Bahamas, North Carolina and the Maritimes. This is their home, and can't just decide to move on to another location. We are planning a return trip to PEI next year, and we know islanders are resilient and hard working. They will rebuild.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Suzanne, glad to hear you're okay & having a good time anyway. I keep wondering about Monique & Les. How was PEI affected by the hurricane?

Today will be the usual laundry & working down my to-do list of things I want to get done before my son comes for a visit.

I learned yest. that one of our pastor's wives is having brain surgery today for 2 tumors, one which is affecting her vision & will be a difficult surgery. She had a benign tumor removed last year with good success. Prayers for her, please. I will not post her name due to confidentiality. God knows who she is.

DH is not so patiently waiting for his breakfast, so no more time this morning.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Slow start to the day today. Just relaxing with a cup of tea. Yesterdays craft fair was very successful but we sure are tired this morning. I have gotten one load of laundry done. Some housework and cleaning/straightening of the sewing room is on the agenda for today. No actual sewing.

Suzanne, sorry you had to change your plans to go to PEI but it sounds like you are having a wonderful time anyway. I sure hope Monique and Les are doing ok. Joy, I will keep your pastors wife in my prayers. Katrina, that chicken salad sounds yummy especially on such a hot day. Our temps are cooling off and I am enjoying the change.

Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Another nice day here. I worked out earlier and now watching the puppy play. I was able to get the bindin* sewn onto the back of my quilt. I want to glue the front down befor I sew it down. Hopefully I can tire out the puppy and she will sleep some this afternoon.
    Ginny— what items did you sell at the craft fair. Antsy best sellers?
    Suzanne— have a good time exploring. It’s nice to get out of our routine.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Summer weather has came back so it is a good day to stay inside and sew. So the plan for the day is to spend a lot of time in the sewing room. Several projects that I want to finish up. The children are working on pillowcases.

I went to an auction on Saturday. I had not planned on buying a sewing machine but it was better to pay $1 for it than for it to go to the dumpster which was where anything that didn't sell was going. It looks nice and has the instructions and the cams to go with it. If anyone wore a size 7 wide SAS shoes, they could have had a great buy as many of the 28 pairs had not been worn. I think one lady bought several at 25 cents a pair. Most of the auction items sold very low although there were a couple of items that went high or for a brand new price. There were 200 lots (not individual pieces of jewelry). Some lots had 10-15 pieces of jewelry while others only had one piece. I didn't stay to watch them sell.

Have a great day everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, my two biggest sellers were fall tablerunners and microwave cozies. Third was hooded towels.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy - PEI was hit pretty bad. The power was and stillout to over half the island. Severe damage to trees, services and the beaches. The hotel we were going to, suffered extensive damage. This is the hotel where the queen, Royals and Prince William and Kate stayed at on their first Canadian tour.

Simply quilting - oh I love auctions, and it sounds like this was a good one. I do have to steer clear, as I don't really want to add to my stuff.

Glorious day today in the mid 70s and sunny. It was a great day of shopping exploring cute shops and walking through historic streets. We stopped for lunch at an outdoor pub by the wharf. The downtown area on the bay was brimming with tourists today. There are also lots of deer who meander through town. Tonight we are eating in the hotel dining room again. I'm really tempted to have the halibut again. It was so good. I'm definetly not having dessert. She said, then laughed. Good night.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.