Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My nightmare/ DH Pipedream

Oh good! So glad to hear you're staying put. As to DH's eyesight, when is the last time he had a vision exam? Maybe he needs glasses, or if he already wears glasses, maybe a prescription change. Or...does he have developing cataracts? So far, DH & I have delayed any cataract surgeries. His eyes technically are "ripe" enough for surgery, but the dr. made a minor adjustment in his correction, so he still sees to read just fine. He needs extra light. The only thing I've noticed with my eyes is at night time, the street lamps & car headlights have a slight yellow cast to them. My vision is fine.

I hope your hubby enjoys hunting season. Is the wood all chopped for winter heating? We used a wood stove for many years to heat our house. It's a warm cozy heat. I'm sure there always will be a soft spot in your heart for Sammy. Cherish the memories.

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Glad the rollercoaster has stopped for you.

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Heavens to Betsy decision made at last. Hallelujah!

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness for all of your experience with real estate; that expertise is really an asset when considering this type of things, no matter what you decide. Hate to be a downer, but is Earl ok? you haven't mentioned him at all, so I'm worrying about him! As you can plainly see, lots of your quilting friends worrying about you. Sharon

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad things are settling down for you. I think renting a vacation home for a few weeks a year is a much better idea.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that the decision has been made. I bet you feel a great weight has been lifted. The right home will come at the right time.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

12. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You were SO smart going and looking at what happens when there is a storm. Here's hoping you get to stay in your mountain home.

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No, Earl disappeared in May. Either a bobcat or coyote got him . Sammy and I grieved hard for him for a long time. We miss him dearly. DH and I have decided that these were our last children and we can't handle the losses any longer. I feel lonely as its the first time inmy lifetime without a critter tocare for.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsewer View Post
    Thank goodness for all of your experience with real estate; that expertise is really an asset when considering this type of things, no matter what you decide. Hate to be a downer, but is Earl ok? you haven't mentioned him at all, so I'm worrying about him! As you can plainly see, lots of your quilting friends worrying about you. Sharon

16. Thanks quilt_gems_25 thanked for this post