Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I keep wondering about Monique & Les & Suzanne & her DH. I saw the news & looked on the web about Nova Scotia getting hit by Dorian -- thousands without power, coast line flooding, etc. The collapsing crane was shown on the eve. news.

I feel like I didn't get much accomplished yest. other than 1 load of laundry, hand watering the flower beds, & little things around the house. At noon I made a quick run over to Office Depot to get a 2020 calendar, bread from the bakery, & take-out Chipotle's lunch for myself. I can get 3 meals out of one of the bowls. I also pressed the yardage I bought on sale this week & stored it in my stash.

Today is church; it's my Sunday to play the organ. On the way home I'll stop at Sprouts to re-stock on raw peanuts & pecans. They also have Rocky Ford cantaloupe on sale.

My heart goes out to all those folks who have been affected by Hurricane Dorian. The Bahamas are devastated. I suspect the death toll will rise once rescuers can access the area & search.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

We have a beautiful day that promises to be another hottie.
    We head to the beach tomorrow for a week in paradise, no sewing will be done but perhaps a little shopping at a LQS. Today I need to pack and wash and prep a breakfast casserole.
    Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and good week ahead.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning =)
    I love the feel of autumn in the air. The trees here are just getting a fringe of color. I hope we get a long fall that is warm and colorful. We tried a new apple the other day at the orchard store. It is called a " Zestar" Wow what a great apple. It is like a marriage of flavor from a Granny Smith to the juiciness of a Mac. Absolutely the best apple I have had in half a century.
    Nova Scotia had a cat2 hurricane but the pictures so far seem mild compared to hurricane Juan when it was there. I suspect the pictures of damage will be online today. Nova Scotia has power outages for every little sneeze, so no surprise they lost it early on.
    I always loved the sound of an organ in a church. All the ritual and prayer never held a candle to how much the music was so moving . What a lovely gift to have to be able to play an organ. My grandmother was talented like yourself , Joy.
    I bought some fabrics this weekend so hopefully today I can make some precuts. Than after supper I hope to get back to work on my son's clover quilt. I was dreaming of quilts the other night, lol. Colorful dreams heh ?
    Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. The weather is great for the Eagles game this afternoon. Yesterday we put up our new kitchen blinds and I ordered some new ones for our living room. After 8 yrs of pulling on the string, it no longer works. I used one company, so they have access to my previous orders— no remeasuring the windows!

I need to get the binding on a quilt that I made last spring . My DH secretary was just diagnosed with Breast cancer. His office wants to put together a chemo care package. Hopefully the puppy will tire herself out and sleep a few hrs.

Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all,
    It's definitely a fall day here; cloudy and cold, but when the sun comes out, it's still hot.
    Friday we drove two hours to the shop where I purchased all my Bernina machines so the big one could be cleaned/serviced and upgraded. Since it would only take an hour, I walked around several times and every time I added to the things in my shopping basket. I managed to avoid coming home with more fabric, but other stuff......I bought some Isacord thread too so I could try it for quilting.
    My machine is screaming for me to turn it on and just sew something, but I spent the morning re-sandwiching a wall hanging where I basted the backing upside down. All the threads and supplies are waiting, and tomorrow when the house is empty, we will have bonding time. It's been packed away since May for the house renovation.
    This afternoon is going to be spent with my feet on my desk and a good book in my lap. And I may even close my eyes and take a nap.
    May you all have a restful day.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!
    It is a beautiful day here but a little windy. We have no plans for today, so who knows what we will get up to
    Hopefully a little sewing here and there. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Jeannette

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon!

Jim, with kids in tow, picked me up for church this morning. Much later than normal. I'd forgotten he wasn't going to play this week. We started the series on Colossians this week. For such a short book, we're going to be digging in for 27 weeks.

After church, Mike and I went to Cinnamon's quilt shoppe. I picked up 1/4 yard pieces to make the blocks to go with the panel I'd purchased as a fat quarter bundle. This afternoon, I'm going to look for backing fabrics for Morgan's purple and green quilt, and the baby quilt. I figured extra fabric for that will go with the panel quilt, too.

Monday marks back to school again! Only thing, Jim will be bringing Jonathan. So, busy bees we will be early tomorrow morning! Which means, Grandma needs to clean up the dining room table and get the quilting stuff put away.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post