Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The news on my clock radio at 5 a.m. mentioned Dorian is supposed to hit Nova Scotia. I'm hoping Monique & Les will be okay on PEI. I looked up that bridge that Suzanne mentioned, where you can drive across to PEI. Quite a feat of engineering. There are many pics on the web if people are interested. I think the longest bridge I've been across is the one at the Straits of Mackinaw, between the upper & lower peninsula of Mich. When I lived on the Oregon coast, we watched the building of the bridge across the Columbia River from Astoria over to the WA side. We drove across it after it was completed.

Well, it's Saturday. I need to prioritize what I want to get accomplished in the next 2 wks. before my son comes. Sewing is not even on my radar until after his visit.

Yest. was a busy day of errands. First off, I had my annual physical with my PCP, a lady dr. whom I really like. Had labs drawn. I'll know results in a few days. I ran into backed up traffic on Main St. , so took a quick right turn & stopped at the LQS. It was my lucky day! They were having an open house, snacks, & sale -- 20% off most items, then 50% off selected ends of bolts or discontinued fabrics. I bought 17.5 yds. of various fabrics to add to my stash. That was a win-win. When I left there, I went the long way around to avoid the traffic mess. Had my usual, quick lunch at Wendy's, got my case of soy milk (special order) at Vit. Cot., then to groc. store. I made it home before 3 p.m. DH always wants me home by then, since that's when he takes his shower. He eats supper at 4, watches the news, then goes to bed at 6 p.m. I try to accommodate his daily routine. It can be frustrating at times.

Well, I need to get on with my day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning Joy & Everyone,

Our plans for today have changed. Our A/C went out yesterday and our temp was in the low 90s. Jeff canceled his double shift project and came home and we worked on the A/C until 9 pm. He got it going and we were able to enjoy good sleep last night. Rather than work at the apartments today we will go tomorrow so Jeff can rest up a little. Jeff can do almost everything, thank goodness.

I need to fix a good breakfast this morning and then we are off to Rolla for some supplies.

Have a safe day everyone.....

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We had clouds and drizzle yesterday. Today we have the sun back and a high of 80. Our pup had a vet appt yesterday to get some of her vaccinations. She gained a pound. I Was able to get some more blocks made while she napped. I really miss our LQS. I plan on hitting all the quilt shops in Rapid City when we go in Oct.

A friend is taking the train out here from Philly to have lunch. She enjoys the scenery. I know I would get tired of just seeing concrete.

Have a good day.
    Beth

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Mike and I decided to go out for dinner last night. I called Jim, told him nothing like short notice, but would they like to join us. That was the quickest yes in history. lol. I took us all to Sonny's BBQ. the kids sat across from the adults. I wondered about that arrangement, but they were very well behaved. They were being very slow pokey about eating their green beans, so when our server brought the check, I told her rather loudly, that we might want dessert if the kids ate their green beans. She took the check back and came back a few minutes later to clean plates! We had one serving of donut holes between the whole bunch of us. Delicious! They had a sweet tea glaze, but it didn't have a strong tea flavor, just very sweet.

Last night the back yard was invaded by feral cats. Mike got his Nerf gun and popped a few. Maybe they'll take their leave and not come back. I hate cats, just about as much as my MIL and DH, especially when they're howling on my back deck!

I pulled out Sherry's Tula Pink's modern block book yesterday. I have a fat quarter and panel for a baby quilt. I'm about ready to start on the next baby quilt for church. I'm going to balance the pinks and blues so it can go either way.

I hope Dorian takes an easterly turn and misses land! I haven't looked to see where it is now. I forgot to call my uncle last night after we got home. I'll call him this morning.

Take care! Have a great weekend and be creative!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends.
    Yesterday I went to a quilt shop with DH cousin and had fun selecting some bargain pieces for the next guild challenge. It is a mystery that requires 8 half yards of coordinating fabric. I found 4 pc on the half off rack then came home and searched my stash finding 3 others plus a possible fourth. I would like to find a different floral with a blue background but my red will work if I cant locate what I want.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1056.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	160550
    There is hardly any blue in my stash for some reason.
    Today I will put out fallish decorations and change the door wreath in hopes of cooler weather.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! It will be a cool day today -- temps in the upper 60's, with a small chance of rain. It will be a good day to run a couple of errands, including a trip to Home Depot to buy lightbulbs for the kitchen. I have six cam lights and only two of them have working bulbs. It wasn't a problem in the summer time when it got dark late. Then a trip up to Office Max for ink cartridges.

Work was crazy busy this past week. One of my colleagues at another location had a health emergency and was hospitalized. Thank goodness she is ok! I was pulling double-duty for a couple of days, though. I finally got caught up Friday.

I hope to spend a little time in the sewing room this weekend -- maybe work on one of my UFO's.

Have a great weekend!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Insert head smack here, just about all of the fabrics I bought in that pretty fat quarter are directional prints. The blocks in the Tula pink book are so small, you won't enjoy the prints. Well poo. Back to the sewing room to get the jolly bar book out.

As Daddy would say, time to drop back and make a new plan. But, the fabrics are all pressed and starched now.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After you said that about the bridge, I looked it up too. I am going to show it to my kids and grandkids, it is really something.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For those who are interested in the bridge to PEI, it's called the Confederation Bridge.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post