Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Sept 6 - 12, 2019

Wow, I remembered to touch base over here today! It's a miracle LOL. Well, work continues to be intense with TWO audits running at the same time. There are times my boss and I meet ourselves coming and going. Housework is falling behind, but I made a QoV block this week and will hopefully have block # 28 of 30 for Aunt Lottie's Garden done by the end of the day. It's all about priorities, people - though I do need to tackle the laundry pile; clean underwear is needed!

Oh, and the sewer backed up at the rental house and repairs were almost $4000 US - they had to replace the line from the house to the city hookup - it had almost totally collapsed. That house is right at 100 years old and the waste line was terracotta, so I can't really complain. But my own house in the same neighborhood is only 10 years younger and so I'd better save up and get mine done before it before it, too, gets critical. The plumber told me that if there's no collapse, they can 'shoot' a new pipe down and it's about half the cost or less.

Hopefully everyone else is less stressed than I am LOL.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Sept 6 - 12, 2019

Glad to see you start the thread. Whoa, that's bad news for the sewer line. I guess you know how much it would be for yours, and a good plan to get yours done sooner than later.

My VQC coordinator dropped by to pick up my latest finish and I gave her the 13+ tops that were donated. Many are ready to quilt, others she will go through the stash for borders and binding. I kept a few to finish when I get back.

I think it helps to focus when we do some sewing. I'm thinking that I have to pack something to work on, just in case we are layed up somewhere.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've got all the blocks made for my Halloween 4 Patch Frenzy quilt. Next, I need to prewash some flannel and sew it into a new design wall. It'll hang from binder clips on hooks above my closet doors. Before, I used some batting with this system. It worked okay; sometimes I needed to pin blocks to the batting, but I wanted something thinner and easier to store away. Plus, I'd like to use that batting in a quilt now! I don't have the wall space for a foam board set-up, but I've thought of mounting flannel or batting-covered boards to the bifold doors of my closet. At least command hooks and binder clips are something I can do without power tools.

I've got some black fabric with white glow-in-the-dark cat eyes I'll use for the quilt border, then all my Halloween scraps will go into making a pieced back. This quilt will be made from stash as well as freshly purchased fabric.

It's been great getting back to piecing after a long break. Now, I'm determined to totally finish this thing before I start another quilt!

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Last Unicorn - I can't wait to see your finished quilt. I love Command strips and hooks. I use them a lot, especially in my sewing room.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.