Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It's Thursday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Thursday!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are one day past hump day & 1 more day to the week end. Another 90 deg. day predicted, then hopefully, only 80's with cooler night time temps. We had 94 yest. We had a brief light rain shower mid-afternoon that cooled things off somewhat.

Yeah! The mattresses are here; the beds are made up. Sleeping last night was comfy! The guys delivered our mattresses at 10 a.m. Early a.m. I stripped my bed. I was able to slide the mattress off to the side; DH helped me move off the box springs so I could access the under-bed drawer unit & vacuum. Whooeee. Lots of dust under the head board. It's good I got all that done early, so the guys didn't have to wait on me. Plus the power co. was working next door again & the power needed to be shut off for a bit. They completed the last of the work; the temp. cable has been removed. All is good to go. They were done with their project before the mattresses were delivered. The timing all worked out ok. I even had a chance to cook my breakfast before the power was shut off.

I'm very pleased with the new sheet sets from Kohl's. Last mo. I purchased the 100% cotton sateen, 400 thread count during their white sale. The sizes are generous with a longer side drape & length.

Judy ~ I hope you don't get hit again in Jacksonville, NC! Dorian has been such a slow mover, it's really had folks waiting & on edge.

I haven't made plans for the day yet. I'll take it as it comes.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday!

Good Morning Joy,

I'm glad you love your new bed. I can't imagine trying to shop for a bed after sleeping on a water bed ever since Howard and I got married.

My MIL wants me to have her bedroom suite. So, one day, I'll be shopping for a regular bed. I've been looking off and on since I broke my wrist. Stripping the bed isn't an issue, but making the bed... the bottom sheet, there's where I have the trouble! The rest of it I can handle. I tuck all of the excess sheets and blankets on Howard's side! No more top sheets hanging out from under the quilt!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday!

Joy - I'm glad you're all set with new mattress. Next chair!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.