Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dorian Check In

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dorian Check In

Alrighty, I'll start a thread for those of us that have been in Dorian's path.

He was parallel to Jacksonville around 2, and still moving away. We've had off and on rains and some wind but not much of anything else. Those closer to the coast are having more difficulties with water levels. He did arrive around high tide. It's more or less a drizzle here now. JEA had about 1,000 without power and have pretty much stayed ahead of the need.

Others from FL, how are you all making out with Dorian?
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dorian Check In

Thanks for the update Katrina.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Katrina for the update. So happy to hear that you are safe.

I have family all along the East Coast, as far south as Ft. Lauderdale, and as far North as Virginia Beach, so I welcome any updates from those who are in (or were in) Dorian's path.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to hear that Doriam has passed near you like a normal storm, thanks for the update

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for update. Still watching how it will affect the Maritimes. I haven't heard from Monique, but we are on our way there on Saturday, and hoping that it's not a rainy drive all the way.

They say it will bring strong winds and cooler temps, so hard to plan what to pack.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still adding prayers for all those dealing with the rain and winds. My daughter back home in Orlando said they just had off and on rain with some crazy winds, but nothing much more than the normal Florida weather. I leave Jersey Saturday so dont think any of the weather will affect my flight

Stay safe all.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Jacksonville, NC (35 miles north of Wilmington and 30 miles south of New Bern.) They project things will be starting late tonight and continue all day tomorrow. Possible landfall projected to be the Outer Banks Friday morning. Just upgraded winds to 115 mph and now is a Category 3! Barrier islands have ordered evacuations.

I've been here over 35 years and this has been the longest preparation period I can remember. Right now it's curving towards NC at 7 miles per hour. Not expected to do as much property damage as Florence did one year ago - basically because most of the homes that had major roof damage have been repaired. 5-12 inches of rain expected, 4 - 7 foot storm surge.

Will check in when I can ... but we do have a scheduled power outage ... will be on generator power starting Friday (fingers crossed.)

9. Thanks Caroline T., SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, Judy. My son is stationed near New Bern. He and his family live in base housing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    Thanks for the info, Judy. My son is stationed near New Bern. He and his family live in base housing.
    PM'ed you. 10pm here in Jacksonville, NC. Electric & water still on. Eye wall still a couple of hours south but not fully organized. Wind & water damage seems to be located at the barrier islands and some coastal cities. Expecting the most intense weather here midnight to 2 am.

As of this time, it appears Tornados - both coastal and inland - earlier today has caused most of the electric outage and structural damages. May change as it passes North Carolina.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, bubba thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear all is well so far. Storms do not behave the way they used to, so you never know what to expect. Keep us posted as the storm moves north.