Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilts shops in Maine?

We will be in Maine next month for a week. Will spend the first night in Portland and then go to the vacation rental between Bangor and Ellsworth.

I plan to hit Mardens - a must - and Knight's Quilt Ship in Cape Neddick (been there before). I have also been to a couple near Acadia I don't remember the names. I have ordered from Crazy Moose in Greenville and hope to get there too. Are there any other "must visit" shops that you know of? I am going as part of a larger family group, but 3 of us are quilters. Not sure how many shops the others will tolerate.

Thanks in advance!
    Donna

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilts shops in Maine?

Welcome in advance to Maine! There is a lovely shop in Windham - Calico Basket, Page Rd. Jam-packed! I was going to suggest Marden's, but see you already know about them. Are you going to the Sanford or Scarborough store, or another location? Also, Cottonweeds in Freeport is very nice too. Enjoy your visit!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilts shops in Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by Barianne View Post
    Welcome in advance to Maine! There is a lovely shop in Windham - Calico Basket, Page Rd. Jam-packed! I was going to suggest Marden's, but see you already know about them. Are you going to the Sanford or Scarborough store, or another location? Also, Cottonweeds in Freeport is very nice too. Enjoy your visit!
    Thank You!

I know we will be going to the Ellsworth location, but may stop at others in our travels. We are flying Southwest so we can take an extra suitcase to bring home our goodies ;-). Will put Cottonweeds on my list of shops I hope to get to.

Thanks again!
    Donna