Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Sunday Sunay

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Sunay

Good morning,

I hope everyone on the east coast are prepared for whatever Hurricane Dorian decides to do. Be safe everyone.

Yesterday I went shopping with a GF. She got sheers and rod for her 2nd bedroom rather than replace with blinds. Then we had a light lunch. I pulled all the vegetable garden plants and dead headed some flowers. My other GF and I decided not to go to the 'camp-type' sewing retreat in Oct. A bit too rustic for our taste, bunk beds - NOT. This morning, registration opens online for another one that is beautiful. It's 3 days in mid-October. Wish me luck.

My kids and GKs will be having brunch with us and mom today. Then we are getting together with DH's youngest for dinner. Nothing else planned for this long weekend.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Sunay

Suzanne ~ You & I were posting at the same time.

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone,
    Well it's Sept. 1st.....where did the summer go?
    It's a dark and overcast day. Only a small chance of rain so hubby will try and continue his house painting and I will continue to clean out our porch. We're having the windows replaced, and the porch is our catch all room. If it doesn't go anywhere else, put it there.
    When my motivation runs out, I'll curl up with a book. Tomorrow I'll hit the ground running. There's so much to do before the weather gets cold.
    Watching the progress of the hurricane and praying it just veers back out to sea without any more damage.
    Have a great day.

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Suzanne and all to follow. It's a nice sunny morning here. My plans for today are: sew, sew, sew. Craft fair is a week from today. Yesterday was "finish the tablerunners day" and today is microwave cozy day. I am breaking it down into categories to keep myself organized as to what needs to be done. Yesterday we also did a practice run with setting up the canopy and deciding on the placement of the tables, etc. Taking the canopy down is a whole lot easier than putting it up. LOL

Hubby is going to be making ribs today on the bbq. We decided on doing them today because he needs a long time to do them (like 6 hours or so). Tomorrow there is a chance of t-storms in the afternoon and that would mess with the temp of the grill.

Still watching to see where Dorian is going. Son #3 lives on the coast of GA so he is keeping an eye on things.

Have a good day everyone. Those in the possible track of Dorian, stay safe.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

8. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I have been running around like crazy since Friday afternoon. The pup did her business in ou4 leash and harness bag. All that had to be washed. The cat had to go to the vet and get fluids and a med to increase his appetite. He need3d a bath when he got home. The blind in our kitchen broke. I wanted to cry . I have not had the energy or time to cook or sew.

After I get a few groceries, I plan on staying home and trying to decease my stress level.

Have a good day and stay safe in your in the storms path.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, I hope your stress goes down. I've had days like that too.
    Joy, I have to thank you for your idea of winding binding on a paper towel tube. This kept the binding for my queen size quilt under control while I was sewing it down.
    I've flipped and ironed the binding to the other side and will finish sewing it down today. Then I'm going to Tuesday Morning to look for some wedding related scrapbook paper. Maybe do some cleaning in the living room and kitchen. I hope you all have a good Sunday! Prayers for those in the path of Dorian.

Jeannette

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baslp View Post
    Good morning. I have been running around like crazy since Friday afternoon. The pup did her business in ou4 leash and harness bag. All that had to be washed. The cat had to go to the vet and get fluids and a med to increase his appetite. He need3d a bath when he got home. The blind in our kitchen broke. I wanted to cry . I have not had the energy or time to cook or sew.

After I get a few groceries, I plan on staying home and trying to decease my stress level.

Beth
    Oh my Beth, I feel your stress level. Pets can be challenging at times, but we love them so. Maybe sit and put up your feet and pour yourself a nice glass of wine. There is lots going on around you.

I think Dorian must be affecting my mood. I have beengetting frustrated easily, and quite cranky. If I was younger, I might say I was PMS. At 10am today I tried to log on to register for the retreat. The link did not work, and no page would come up. I left messages at the store and retreat, knowing space is very limited. My GF was at church so I couldn't get her to try. Argg! Finally had to leave to pick up cake for mom's birthday. This store never has anyone in line up. Today, only 3 cash registers open, with long line-ups. The cashier said they under-staffed as they assumed most would be away long weekend. Wrong. Argg again! Got to mom's home, they kids were going to be late. Brought mom downstairs. They had her dressed in black. Not her best colour.oh well, she enjoyed seeing us all. Clearly she was tired and having an off day also. I had a glass of wine. It helped!

Now to rest - tonight's dinner plans have been cancelled. Yeah!
    I got email - last 2 spots for sewing retreat. I booked it. We're in. Yeah!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finally finished the quilting on the grandma's fan quilt. Now just need to draw the scallops, trim and do the binding. While waiting for the mood to strike to do that, I thought I'd finish the t-shirt quilt for a client. That won't happen today since I'm short on backing. Need another yard. Well, at least I checked it before putting on the frame. Also ordered the extra yard of fabric I need for the backing. So, I decided to put a charity quilt on the frame and quilt it. I have two to do for the guild. I'll get one done today, the other will wait.

Hopefully when this is done it will be cooler outside so that I can finish mowing the lawn. It is too dang hot right now to do it.
    Prayers for all of those in the path of Dorian.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jeanette ~ Glad the binding tip worked for you. The idea was not new with me; I got it from my first quilting instructor. I've been using the cardboard tubes from the Hefty Baggies sandwich bags; they're sturdier than some other cardboard tubes. I'm glad I saved extras when I did, because now Hefty quit putting the tubes in the packages -- probably to save a few pennies. Using the tube certainly makes life easier when sewing on binding.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post