Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - Aug 30 -Sept 5, 2019

Kicking off this week. Threadndr must be busy on her days off for long weekend.

I helped at the cutting bee for VQC. Dorothy & I cut 2 large bolts of batting. She also stocked up on flannel backs and labels for the Sept-Oct meetings. I also made some change & burp pads for a friend. Today I finished attaching the 2 bindings on the M* kindred pinwheels. With a small modifications in sashing & border widths, it's now a kingsize quilt and will fit our bed. It measures 102 x 112. I have the back fabric and just need to piece. I will make pillow shams as I had left over blocks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	160487

This morning, a guild member dropped by and donated about 10 quilts tops of various sizes for VQC. I will go through them and add fabrics and borders to make correct size. This is a bonus for the group and members are eager to get them done.

This week I plan to clean up my sewing area, again, before we go on vacation. I might tackle quilting a simple quilt. Also had thought of bringing fabrics to start hexies, not sure if there will be time.

What sewing in your neck of the woods?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - Aug 30 -Sept 5, 2019

So pretty, loved that pattern but lost quite a few points. Yours is lovely.
    I plan on changing sheets and putting a fall quilt on our bed, finishing the binding on a Project Linus quilt then watching college football today. Tomorrow I might change the mantel decor to something fallish.
    Have a wonderful weekend/week everyone.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the camping panel top done .. was practicing mitered corners.. too late to take a photo tonight, will try to get to it tomorrow. I've been going thru my scrapbooking stuff and getting rid of what I'll never use. I will be donating a lot to a family member who scrapbooks.. she can pick and choose, then pass along any "left overs".

I just sent a large box of punch/die cut items to DD#1 in Florida (she is safe) for her scrapbooking friends that meet up once a month It's a group of 6 friends that I met when I was down there Winter of 2016

I started preparing the fabric I'm using for the Harlequin quilt I want to do. Cutting a bunch of strips. And I have 3/4 of another quilt under the needle.. just a 10 inch border to do and then the binding !! Done b4 Christmas!! That's 3 small quilts done in the last month. I think I found my quilting groove!!

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am stalled on the quilt I want to do so getting a few things finished that have been put aside. I finished two drapery panels up to the grommets, I needed spacing info but now I have it and can finish those this afternoon. I pulled out some place mats that needed some additional fmq, got that done and binding cut and attached. There were so many corners to do but that is done ad ready to stitch down to the back. They are pretty elegant and a Christmas present so I think I will hand stitch.
    I got out the pattern book for DS king quilt, I need to make 300 flying geese for that one, 150 big and 150 avg size, I should be an expert by the time I have that done.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing! Good luck to all of you ladies!!

I'm just a beginner so I'm thinking to make bed linen with sport cars pics. My son is a big fan of racings so I'm preparing his Christmas gift

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the brain went on vacation last week along with the rest of me LOL. Making up for it this week with tons of overtime (sigh).

I'm working on the last three blocks for the center of Aunt Lottie's Garden. Still have the borders to go, so there's a ton of applique still to go on this one.

But first up are a couple more blocks for my guild's Quilt of Valor project. I have one block cut and ready to go together. I need to shop the stash and see if I have a patriotic blue for a second block.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just got another VQC quilt quilted and binded. I spent a few hours measuring and sorting the tops that were donated. Some I added a border, others I had to trim a few inches. There was 2 1/2" strips, enough for 4 quilts. There are some that are more baby size, so these will be turned into bags. There are 3 more that need borders. Dorothy will be picking them up today and she will try and match fabric from our donated stash of fabrics. I've been trying to clear out as much as possible as I will miss the September VQC meeting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	160532

We're leaving on vacation, so no sewing for the next 10 days. I hope I don't go into withdrawal. I get cranky when I don't see for a few days. Maybe I will bring fabric I need to cut for next quilt.

14. Thanks cv quilter, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been smashed flat by a brutal cold. Haven't sewn a single stitch since last Saturday. I am grumpy and whiny and no fun to be a round
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

sorry about the cold, hope it is soon gone.
    My batting arrived yesterday and I got my DGD top sandwiched. Today after DH doctor appt and a trip by Wally world I started fmq it. I am doing simple loops and a few scattered hearts plus outlining the butterflies. So far it is going very well I think. I don't usually use a solid back but I bought this pink for the background then found one I liked better so not to be wasteful it is the back.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1054.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	160537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1055.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	160538
    I used up one bobbin and now I am resting my back, tomorrow I will do more.

18. Thanks cv quilter, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise - I hope that you feel better soon. Nothing worse than not being able
    Claire - beautiful quilting. I'm certain that your DGD will love it.