• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trudy A
    Designer Diva
    • Apr 2019

Bacon???

I am making salads for a couple get togethers' this weekend. Started by cooking the bacon for the broccoli salad, but forgot to put it in. Decided to just do without the bacon rather than dirty again the large bowl and empty, mix and refill the 3 separate bowls of the salad. Now my question is....Should I put bacon in the creamy potato salad? I know I won't put it in the fruit salad.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta
  • minipinlady
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2018

Re: Bacon???

I would make the bacon into bits in a lovely jar, as a side condiment for your salads. What a marvelous change from store bought fake bacon. Choices in salads are always wonderful to have. =)

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Bacon. So many options. I would eat bacon at every meal, if it was healthy. Nevertheless, you could crumble and put on top of patato salad, or as suggested in a jar next to salad, and those who want, can add what they want.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KarenC
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2015

I would go with putting it on the side. Many people don't eat bacon for one reason or another.
        Karen
        Spring, TX

Comment

• Cokie
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2016

A local restaurant makes the best potato salad and it has bacon in it. I'd say go ahead and add it if you want to. The suggestion to add it on the side is good too.

Comment

• JCY
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2013

I have never eaten potato salad with bacon in it. I definitely would have it on the side so it's optional. Not everyone eats pork. Personally I buy turkey bacon at Whole Foods; I eat 1 slice every a.m. with my breakfast.

Comment

• bakermom
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2010

Well, it wouldn't be a problem for me 'cause I would have sampled it all gone by now....... But could you crumble it and sprinkle on top of your broccoli salads, mixing it in before serving?
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• Trudy A
                Designer Diva
                • Apr 2019

Thanks quilters! I was just going to put it on the side as suggested but when DH got home from work he reminded me of his family and.....the bacon would be gone after the first serving of the salads. So I sprinkled some on the broccoli and he helped me mix the remaining into the potato salad. With his family there is no worries about someone not enjoying bacon, healthy eating is not their strong suit.

Wishing you all a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!
                One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Working...
                X