Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey hey it's Friday!!

Good morning friends. Well it's Friday and a work day for me. My neck is much better but still a little stiff. And we got some much needed rain in the night.

I had a great time helping out at the fair yesterday. I was in the junior section. I am really glad I am not a judge. We enjoyed a delicious lunch as well. Afterwards, I did some running around and got a few last minute things I need for our trip.

And so today is a work day and so is tomorrow. Today I work until 2 and tomorrow until noon.

3 more sleeps until our own journey starts. After Monday, I won't be starting the morning chats. There is no wifi at the campsite but I will try and check in when I can.

Have an awesome day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hey hey it's Friday!!

Good morning. Looks like another nice day here- 88 degrees. I am off to the gym soon and a manicure later this morning. One of my DD is almost moved out of our house. I will have to make a trip into Philly to see her apartment. She is still waiting to hear when she can take her nurse licensing exam. I bought her a vacuum as a house warming gift.

I did get a little sewing done yesterday. I Would like to do some more today when the pup is napping. I want to use our soon to be empty bedroom as a sewing-scrapbook room.

Monique— hope you have a restful time on your vacation.

Have a good day.
    Beth

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's chilly here....bummer. Summer is coming to a close...

I lost out on the job interview that I had on the 21st of August. I had high hopes.

My work comp claim is still being denied...I guess I need to contact a lawyer to see the fight through and I don't want to. Nor, should I have to.

I so want to go "home" to Missouri.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All

Monique, have a great time on your trip. I know you'll enjoy the time doing something different.

Beth, it's so nice to have your own creative spot to work! I wish I had my old sewing room! My little room is shared with home school works. That means I have to keep it fairly open.

Jim and the kids will come this morning for his grading session. 12:30- 1, JTC will pick me up to go back to VERC. I hope it's doing something better than sitting in the sun trying on sunglasses. lol, It will probably be raining, not from Dorian. I can only hope. I think Mike and I will go out to dinner tonight.

I doubt that I will get in my sewing room today. I pulled out some layer cakes yesterday. I'd like to use them up, but I'm not sure what pattern I'd use. Honestly, they're not saying anything to me other than we're wasted money just sitting up here in the box.

Be creative! If you're in FL get your prep done, have mercy the weather folks just can't make up their minds about Dorian. I just keep thinking about Dorian Gray,,, somebody show it a picture of it's broken self already!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all!

There won't be much stitching time today as we are in full prep mode here on the East Coast. I ordered extra supplies w/ Prime and have them already. Our water supply is stocked up every June so that's good. Time to get started on the rest of the list. Best wishes to all dealing with this one.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. proved eventful, but in a frustrating way. First of all, DH had that crown prep on a tooth that was hurting. The dentist worked close to the nerve, so he numbed him up good. He was in the chair ~95 min. Of course, when he ate lunch, he bit himself because of being numbed up, so now he has a fat lip. After the anesthetic wore off, his jaw really was hurting. Ice helped a little.

In the afternoon, something weird was going on with the power. The lights faded, went off, came back on. DH re-set the power panel, which was only a temp. fix. It started doing the same thing. I finally called the power co. to see if they were working on the grid somewhere that would affect us. Shortly, a truck showed up out front of our house & the guys started checking out the box in the base of our pedestal lamp. at curbside. Then they checked the neighbors' on either side of us. He said he needed to turn off the power, which he did. We thought it would be just for a few min. It ended up being an hour. DH always warms up supper in the microwave at 4 p.m.; he was getting antsy. I suggested he chill out & let the guys do their work & wait to eat supper. Nope, he wouldn't wait, so ate his chicken soup cold! (He's very into his daily routine, the same thing at the same time all the time.) The power crew removed the cement cover on a pit (for want of a better word) 2 houses from us to access the lines. Our elec. lines are buried underground. They ended up laying a temp. cable from there to our next door neighbor's lamp, leaving the cables above ground until they can be buried. They'll either have to bore through the line or dig up things. It might even be after the Labor Day Week End before a crew can come do that. It's possible there was some damage to the line during our 2013 flood when our street flooded. Anyway, DH was able to finish his meal with hot food. It was good to have the power restored.

DH put in a miserable night with his mouth hurting. He used the ice & finally agreed to take a Tylenol.

Today I have a dentist appt. (a filling), need to run to Walmart for an Rx, & place the order for our mattresses.

My thoughts are with you, Katrina, & the folks of FL as you brace for the hurricane. I hope it won't be as bad as they're predicting.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Happy Friday everyone. Looks like it is going to be a nice day here today. We've got a bit of yard work on our to do list....mostly on hubby's list actually. The grass really grew while we were away. I will be spending a lot of time in the sewing room getting ready for next week's craft fair.

I've been watching the track of Hurricane Dorian. So scary. Especially not knowing what the track will actually be. Our next door neighbors just moved to FL last month. The wife was not as keen on the move as the husband was. I can get she is really not happy now. My two sisters-in-law from my first marriage also live down there and my son is in S. Georgia so he is keeping an eye on things too. He has had to evacuate a few times over the last couple of years.

Be safe everyone in the path of the storm. My prayers will be with you all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

My prayers are with everyone within the reach of Dorian. Jeff's sister and her husband live near Orlando so we are concerned about them. I hate storms and we get our share for sure, just not hurricanes. We have a storm breathing down our necks right now so I need to get off here soon.

Jeff's Mom just finished her radiation treatments. They are putting her on a pill to take for five years.

Jeff took the day off to paint one of the apartments. We will all go tomorrow and Sunday to work. Jeff has Monday off for the holiday and he will surely need it.

I like the quilt in the new tutorial....nice for male or female and a good scrapper. One of these days I need to do something with my scraps.

Monique, glad to hear your neck is improving.
    KPH...good luck with your weather.
    JCY....glad you aren't without power long term.
    Beth....hang in there with the pup. I had to learn to sew while ours sleep, too. That's still the case because my sewing room is their favorite place to snatch things and run with them.

Have a good day everyone....hugs....

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    We had a heavy rain early this morning which woke me up. Yesterday, I helped cut batting and flannel batting for VQC. Dorothy took home supplies for Sept-Oct. I ended up with another top to quilt. I was hoping to lay low for sept. Oh well. Then I made some change and burp pads for my GF's niece. They will give her the quilt tomorrow. Then I added the first of 2 borders to a quilt. I had trouble falling asleep, unusual for me, and was thinking of getting up to sew, but then I went down like a rock. I turned in 2 more quilts which I added binding & labels. Tops were done by another member using M* patterns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	160485 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	160486

I've already called for an osteopath appt for DH. After a week of pain, he's agreed he needs to go. He's got to get in shape for our trip to PEI & NB. I need to book appts for hair and nails next week. Visit mom and run errands. We will be celebrating mom's 96th birthday on Sunday, a week early. Need to pick up a cake. I hope to clean up main floor and put away my sewing machines. It's going to be a busy day.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool and stay dry. Please be safe as you prepare for Dorian along the east coast.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

18. Thanks Monique, quiltingaway thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I found out by email this morning that my cousin Steve passed away at 1:18 this morning. He's the one I made the Hip to be Whoops quilt for. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stevewithquilt.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	160491 His brother Stan said he went peacefully, and he wanted me to know how much the quilt meant to Steve and to him. Sometimes, rush jobs are important to get done and delivered.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post