Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC Thread in Juki 2010Q

I wonder if a needle with a larger eye (like Topstitch) would help with the shredding. If M*'s cotton thread is 3 ply, then it could be rounder and more "fluffy" than Aurifil 50wt.

2. Thanks Glizell thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I use Gutterman 50wt with a top tension of about 1.5. I also often use Invisafil (with a thread net ) and I drop the needle tension just a smidge. I use Superior titanium needles, usually size 80/12.
    I agree, coming from using a computerised machine with an automatic tension adjustment, it can be a bit intimidating having to adjust the tension on the 2010 but once you get the hang of it it's fine. Just keep notes, or take photos of any adjustments you make so you can always find "your way home" if things go a bit pear shaped!

4. Thanks Glizell thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no issues w/M* thread, because all I use is Aurifil! For the bobbins, I use Superior's Bottomline.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I've used MSQC cotton thread in my Juki 2010Q with no issues at all. The thread path can be tricky, a free times I didn't notice that it missed the hooky thing on the tension thingy (I swear I know what they are but can't recall the names :lol)

I've pieced & done FMQ with it in top & bottom - no problems at all. (Other than operator error :lol)

7. Thanks Old Newbie, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Unicorn View Post
    I wonder if a needle with a larger eye (like Topstitch) would help with the shredding. If M*'s cotton thread is 3 ply, then it could be rounder and more "fluffy" than Aurifil 50wt.
    I never figured out why that shredding happened so I stopped trying to use it for fmq. I always use a Superior topstitch needle for FMQ in my Jukis and generally I don't have problems. I have also had problems with Connecting Threads cotton thread, so I don't use it for fmq any more either. I've been sticking with either Aurifil for cotton or Glide or Wonderfil for poly threads for fmq and I have found that sweet spot of settings for these brands.

9. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post