Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well Thursday has arrived

Good morning friends. I slept most of the day yesterday. Those muscle relaxers sure make you sleep. My neck is better this morning but not gone yet. Today I will be at the fair working with the judges, not sure what department I will be in.

Tomorrow and Saturday I work at the post office. Sunday looks like a packing day. Hubby isn't sure if he will work on Monday or not. He showed up last night but another bar maid was there and made a joke about working his shift. Well he obliged her, the fair is coming and she could use the extra $$. So back home he came.

That's it for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Katrina stay safe and everyone else in the path of the storm.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well Thursday has arrived

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Yesterday was an 'eh' day. I went through the hurricane prep list, made a whole bunch of wasps mad, and cleared off the back deck. The bird feeders and one amaryllis plant still have to be removed. I'll put more ice in the freezer today. We're stocked on propane, the cook stoves, lanterns are ready. Battery supply replenished. That's about it.

Ben got his quilt yesterday. He certainly did look happy. I know his mom appreciated it!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another cool morning, but yest. was another hot one -- 98 deg. I'm ready from some cooler temps.

The D/W was delivered & installed yest. a.m. He was here ~1 hr. & 15 min. The copper water pipe that came up through the floor from the bsmt. was too tall; the new D/W has a lower clearance, so he had to replace that with a flexible water pipe. While the old unit was out, I had time to vacuum & clean the area. I guess it wasn't too bad for 25 yrs. worth of dirt. He said he'd seen worse, even dead mice. The new unit fit in nicely & looks good. It has more space in the racks than our old one. It has 2 sprays arms, one in the top & one in the bottom. He showed me how to set the controls, remove & clean the filters in the bottom, etc. No turn dial -- all electronic controls now. I'm looking forward to putting it to good use.

DH has a dental appt. this a.m., which he's dreading. He's scheduled for a crown prep. But a different tooth is hurting him, so that will have to take precedence. The tooth has been bothering for 10 days, & he just mentioned it last eve.! He won't take even a Tylenol.

Katrina, & any others in FL ~ Sure hope the hurricane loses strength before coming ashore. It sounds like you're ready. Wasps! Don't get me started. They love our metal storage shed & build in there every year. So many little openings through which they can gain entrance.

DS#2 phoned on his commute home yest. It's always good to chat. I'm looking forward to his visit in Sept.

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

We're getting another stretch of cool but sunny days. Perfect in my books. Yesterday was an early start and it rained on & off all day. I was babysitting GD at her home until mom & dad brought her to meet her new teacher and a few classmates. She starts full time on Tuesday. I ran errands & came home mid morning, then they dropped her off for the rest of day. Cassandra is such a cheerful and happy kid. She played in the playroom, then we made pizza for lunch. She's not a picky eater, and had beets and tomatoes & cucumbers from the garden. Then she asked for ice cream, as she knows grandma always has some. They try to limit their sugar intake at home.

I wanted to sew the binding on another VQC quilt, so I brought her downstairs. This is off limits to GKs. At almost 4, I figure it's time to introduce her to sewing and all its wonders. She was fascinated with my scissors, so I let her cut threads and ribbons. She played with my 'magic' design wall, where 5" squares just stick and stay. I sat her on on lap, and she guided scraps of fabrics through the sewing machine. She picked her pieces. Then I said I would do a 'magic' trick. I gave her a Frixion pen and white fabric and told her to draw or do letters. Then I took pictures with my phone. I pressed the fabric and she saw the words disappear. OH MY - The reaction was priceless. She screamed with joy and wanted to do it again. While she bagged her sewn pieces and ribbons for her dolls, she was most excited to tell mom about the disappearing words. Oh, she did tell mom about my candy stash and told her she had a few skittles.

This morning I need to finish handsewing the binding on the quilt, and add labels to 3 others. My GF Dorothy & I are going to cut batting and batting at the area coordinator's home. There will be 6 of us, and we do this every few months. I will turn in 3 quilts today as I won't be at the Sept meeting.

Monique - I'm happy to hear your neck is getting better. Not fun when this happens. Joy - enjoy your new dishwasher. Katrina - hope that Dorian stays away and that you will all be safe.

Have a safe and enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, quiltingaway, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It will be @ nice day here— 83 degrees and sunny. Yesterday I picked up our cat from the vet hospital. We go back next week to meet with an internal Med vet. After all the animals were taken care of I was able to pin some pieces on my new quilt. Now to find the time and energy to sew. The puppy was only up once last night- that I can live with. I heard from one the Japanese ladies. She is back from being in Japan for the summer. We will start our lessons again next week.

Katrina— sounds like you are ready for the storm. Stay safe.

Beth

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,
    It's not morning anymore , but it is break time. Today is the day I started cleaning out my sewing area. I hauled everything out, cleaned and then put everything back. I finally gritted my teeth and got rid of lots of fabric and batting scraps that I'll never touch again. It added up to a full trash bag. I'm so glad it's cooler and I'm not sweating buckets. I also made an appointment to have my big machine cleaned and serviced. The poor neglected thing has been packed away since June to keep it clean and out of the way during the house renovations.
    I'm interested in buying the Embroidery Plus upgrade and was told it wasn't available anymore....this doesn't make sense to me since it's a software upgrade with a hoop thrown in to justify the cost. I've contacted another shop in the opposite direction just to double check. At any rate, by the middle of September I'll be up and running full steam again. I can't wait to be able to sit in front of my big window and stitch while the snow falls. With music. And coffee. And junk food. Without having to cook. And a heater at my feet.
    Hope your day is going well!!

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking of winter leaves me shivering... I am not a cold weather fan.. My ol' joints ach, moan and groan thru every Winter here in Central Illinois.

But I'll take a sunny Fall day anytime!! temps in the 65 to 70's with a hot cuppa and my music as I sew is my idea of heaven.

I want to share this photo of Max from 2017 when he injured his spine.. for minipin lady. He is running free now and I explained to her how I did massage, range of motion and warm soaks to him.. and he has 95 % recovery. (I'm a retired RN)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motoing.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	160476

Here he is today... up and running . I don't think this dog has every walked a day in his life, He "attacks" everything with his speed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	max2019.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	160477

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, that is impressive. Now I know what mini pins are.

BarbaraB - it sounds like you will be totally immersed in your new digs. And I'm not too concerned about snow falls. It's just the perfect excuse to stay in and quilt.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

OMG look at that sweet little dog. He is a keeper. Amazing the difference you have made in his life !
    I love mini pins. They are super smart and energetic. I have an absolute horror of rats. ( When I was a kid, 3 or 4 wharf sized rats jumped up on my bed. My brother had to beat them off with a hockey stick. ) After I had my first mini pin about a year , I had read mini pins were breed to kill rats. So now I appreciate them even more if that is possible. I watched some videos on you tube of someone who clears barns of rats using his pack of mini pins. Tho I hated seeing rats, I have to say the dogs were incredible. We don't have rats, but I sleep happier with my mini pins beside me. Mine chase squirrels out of the yard, they don't hurt them. I don't mind , it gives the dog a lot of exercise running. I only fed them people food, I don't trust the dogfoods anymore.
    I think once you have a mini pin you always have to have one , or two =) Thank you so much for posting his picture.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post