Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!

Good morning friends. I turned in bed and now I have a kink in my neck. WOW that really hurts. I will be taking a muscle relaxer in a while. I need to be good as I am helping in the handicraft building at the fair tomorrow.

I managed to finish off another SS project, 2 more to go. I don't know if I will be able to get anything done today with this kink.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Morning! I am so sorry you're in pain, Monique. That doesn't help when you want to create, does it?

I am supposed to be off from work today; but due to the general manager messing up the schedule, I was asked yesterday if I would take the closing shift for this evening. I obliged, I need the hours; although, it stinks that I am not getting a full day off as I had planned.

I am meeting with an attorney today regarding the denial on my workers comp claim. I still haven't received an official notice from workers compensation. That will delay the appeal even more.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Yesterday was a blur. Today may be the same. I work out and then I go off to pick up our cat from the vet hospital. I now have to test his urine with a dip stick . That should be an interesting experience. At least the pup slep5 all night. We had a number of visitors who came by to meet the puppy. That must have tired her out!
    I did buy some quilt magazines yesterday. I saw a few patterns I would like to make.

Have a good day.
    Beth

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    No time this morning. It's shower and go babysit Cassandra today, while mom works from home.

Yesterday was a blur, cooking all days. 2 doz corn, 10lbs beets to eat and pickle. 5 freezer meals of shepherd pie for DD. Also made 4 jars of beets, although one the bottom on one jar let go as I was pulling out of water bath. Then I finished handsewing the binding on a VQC Wuilt. Just one more to go. DH has been resting his back. He must have twisted Monday when cleaning his car and garage.

Have a good day. Stay dry. Stay cool. And be aware, mother nature is not playing nice in Oklahoma.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All.

My day is up in the air. Morgan's off, I guess Zeke won't be here today or maybe he will.

Mike and I picked up the hurricane prep lists yesterday. Looks like Dorian is going to make a mess of the holiday weekend. I'll go through and check off everything we need to pick up. Mike's off tomorrow, so we'll have time to shop if necessary. I'll make a list of things that will need to be brought inside if it looks like we'll take a hit.

It's time to start working on the rest of the door hangers. I've got to figure out what months I've done so I can start looking for patterns for the remaining months. I know I have October through the end of the year. So there won't be a rush to get them done.

Suzanne, I love pickled beets. Too bad the rest of my family doesn't care for them.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, I hope the kink in your neck resolves soon. It sounds like it will be a busy day for many of us. I'm hoping Dorion will not be a problem for your area, Katrina. Poor Puerto Rico. They haven't recovered from the last hurricane.

My batch of chicken soup yest. a.m. made 14 qts. for the freezer. That took up the whole morning. Today the D/W gets delivered & installed at 10 a.m. It will be nice not to have to wash dishes by hand. Yest. eve. I removed all the items from under the K. sink & put them in boxes & cleaned well. Things are ready for the installation. I'll have the shop vac. on standby to clean the area once the old D/W is removed.

Today is our first morning for the temp. to drop into the 50's. Much cooler. A hint of fall is in the air.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    Monique, hope your neck feels better soon. I hate when that happens. Makes you realize how we take body parts for granted.
    The past few days have been busy, but I finally was able to get my stash put back in its rightful place and got some curtain fabric cut. It felt so good to be doing something that didn't involve hammers, nails, paint, caulking or wood.
    Yesterday I had a doctors appointment because my knee has been giving me lots of trouble. Had an x-ray this morning. The doc doesn't think it is an injury; rather that the arthritis has gotten very bad and I'm now rubbing bone on bone and that all the work I've been doing has just aggravated it. I didn't notice but I have callouses on both knees. I will start physical therapy for strength training on my legs to see if it helps.
    Today will be a day of rest. I have good books and lots of tea and all meals are done and just need to be put in the microwave.
    May you all have a great day!

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm up! really I am, but can't say I'm awake. The gang (in my avatar) had me up and letting them out to do their "duty"... Which is much better than the cleaning up PADS. Yes they finally got me trained to let them out 5 o 6 times a day. Definitely better than when I first rescued them. Love these little mini pins- but these two were/are a handful to get house broke. Both are 8 yrs old and bonded litter mates. All I know is that the previous owner had to go into a nursing home and the family took these two to the shelter where I volunteer. All they did was cry unless someone held them. They now will lay in their beds and watch my every move. They follow me room to room. So there is a "bed" in every room.

Monique, I can sympathize with you and your "kinked" neck. Those are NOT fun!! I still remember the last one I had: opps, there goes the pain and stiffness. I have to take Flexaril 50mg. use some heat and spend the day not doing anything where I have to twist or turn my head. It will run into the next day if I don't.

Barbara B, I hope you find relief from your knee problem.. too bad we can't just order a new part and get it installed...like we do with our car. Sure would make life a lot more fun and easier.

And the rest of you, have a great day and smile!! It makes everyone wonder what you're up to....... LOL

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning everyone =)
    Another hot day and I thought we were finally done with those. Thankfully AC saves the day. I had been wrestling with migraines since Sunday night so waking up normal today is a great happiness. Sure hope your neck is back to normal by lunch time, Monique. Pain sets up so many hurdles during a day.
    A new dishwasher is essential. After we bought this house , we bought one. It came in a lovely blue plastic. I thought on Jenny saying she thought she had a blue washer and dryer, and I told everyone to leave the blue plastic on it. I have cobalt glass decorating the kitchen so the pale blue dishwasher looks nice. I am keeping it like that until some idiot snags or ruins the blue smoothness. I love my dishwasher , my sewing machine, my laptop etc. Why would I ever want to rough it , camping etc when I have such comfort right here ?
    We have a bluejay in our backyard all week that can't fly. I keep water and seeds outside everyday so that may be why he is staying here. Hopefully he heals quickly. My awesome dogs love to chase cats away so the bluejay should be a bit safer tho he is afraid of dogs too.
    Take care.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!
    My yearly physical is today, so I'm off to the dr. shortly. I hate physicals because they always give me a gown that is too small. I am a big woman and I need a big gown! Of course the dr. will tell me I shouldn't be this big. But I lost 60lbs last year and I have kept it off. I wish he would give me credit for that, instead of telling me to lose more. Oh well. I'm lucky that is the worst thing I have to face today.

Jeannette

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post