Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Good afternoon! Monique sorry about your neck. Suzanne, homemade pickled beets are a favorite of mine. JCY, glad that you are getting your dishwasher installed today. Judy, our dog follows me a lot from room to room.

Yesterday worked on ripping out the free motion quilting. Last night I thought I had it done and noticed a spot where it wasn't out yet. So today will be more ripping. I am ready to be done with this quilt.

Have a great day everyone

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyJnet View Post
    Good morning all!
    My yearly physical is today, so I'm off to the dr. shortly. I hate physicals because they always give me a gown that is too small. I am a big woman and I need a big gown! Of course the dr. will tell me I shouldn't be this big. But I lost 60lbs last year and I have kept it off. I wish he would give me credit for that, instead of telling me to lose more. Oh well. I'm lucky that is the worst thing I have to face today.
    I saw a cute post the other day that I have taken to heart. It said, "Five inches of fat will stop a bullet from hitting any of your vital organs." So I've decided I'm not fat, I am a tank. Bring it on!!
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, MSN, CraftyJnet thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sympathy to all who here who are suffering today. Aging is the pits sometimes!

Laura, I've met you. Ahem, don't give up your bullet proof vest, eh? I, on the other hand, can now stop being afraid of public gatherings. If my doctor dares to tell me to lose weight, I'll now say, "What? And give up my bullet proofing in this day and age?"

We submitted an offer on a home ten minutes from my mother, and I'm anxiously waiting to hear something. Anything. Right now, I don't know if my realtor has even contacted the listing agent. This is maddening, as there are only three homes available in this neighborhood and I don't want the other two. Our agent has really been dragging her feet; I was ready to make an offer three weeks ago!

This has been a week for repairmen! We had mold mitigation done yesterday, and our Internet had to be repaired today (turned out to be a corroded connection up the street from us). Then Friday, the plumbers come back to fix the leak from our upstairs bathroom. They wouldn't open the wall until we tested for mold. The mold company labeled the tests with numbers, not room names, so we didn't realize that the wall which the plumbers were questioning was mold free. There was mold outside our shower, but a long-time friend would have fixed that for way under $500. I'm now $2,000 poorer—for nothing!

Forgive me for grousing, as I know that many on the forum are going through much worse. I'm just cranky from staying up too late the last two nights. On a positive note, the draperies I'm hemming are looking really beautiful. Good equipment and tools makes a big difference in work like this!

Prayers for all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post