Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Monday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Monday!!

Good morning friends. Well my quiet weekend didn't turn out that way. Quite different.

Saturday morning Doug and I went out for breakfast. I puttered around a little and was getting ready to do some sewing. I was over at the neighbour when Les pulled into the yard without Greg. Strange. Greg was in the ambulance on his way to the hospital!!

They were on their way home (from the bush) when Greg had to get Les to stop, his stomach turned and then all hell broke loose. His hands started seizing and kept doing that until they were fists. He had a hard time getting back into the van. His hands were numb, he could feel it in his shins, his tongue went numb, and had a pain in his forehead. And he started shaking violently. Needless to say they both thought Greg was having a stroke. Les was able to give Greg two aspirin. He drove like a madman until he reached hydro lines, stopped at a house and called 911. They met the ambulance further up the road. This happened again in the ambulance.

At the hospital the doctor was very thorough. Blood test, after blood test, ct scan everything came back negative. So thankfully he did not have a stroke. We are still not 100% sure exactly what happened. The doctor theorized that after his stomach turned, he hyperventilated and that is what caused his body to do what it did. He has been referred to an internist. Greg has been given a few days off work. I hope they call today for his appointment. He was born in this hospital so all the information they have is from years ago, his address and phone number is still the same as ours, so they will call me first.

He went home yesterday afternoon. I cleaned out the van as we are leaving next week on our vacation. I also started packing Friday last. I still have 3 projects left to make for ss swayp.

Hubby will soon be off to work so I will have the whole day to myself. Not sure yet what I will be doing.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Monday!!

Good Morning Monique...
    I hope your son will recover quickly and that the doctors can pinpoint the cause. What a scare for your family.

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

I see Katrina has also posted.

Monique - holy tamole. What a scare for everyone. I hope they run him through a millwork of tests. That's scary and I'm certain that you want to know he's ok before you leave on vacation. We'll be heading out a week after you do, so any tips on weather is appreciated. When we went a few years ago, the weather was so cold and rainy that week, I had to buy a winter jacket. Week before and after, back to heat and sunny. Catch your breath today.

Yesterday we went to the gliding club. For their birthdays, we gave our neighbour and DH's oldest rides in the glider. It was a perfect weather day, sunny and clear skies. Jim & DH share a birthday a few days apart and same age. They are like peas in a pod, like brothers from another mother. Eric and Jim were over the moon with their rides. Then we went back to the clubhouse for soft drink and beers and just enjoyed the setting. On our way home, we stopped at a local restaurant for fish and chips. Quiet evening for me as I'm immersing myself in all I can learn about my Singer 99, cleaning and maintenance tips. I will get someone else to check out the electrical, and get a new cord, but so far I am pleased that she runs smoothly. I don't name my machines, but this one is different. . She might be Josephine in memory of my memère.

Today I have to drop by to see mom. I've been busy this past week, trying to enjoy some 'me, fun' time. I might pull vines from the garden, as the growing season is basically over. It hasn't been a good growing season for me.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I see you & Katrina both have started chat for today. Sorry about Greg -- hope he will be okay.

Yest. was church; I made a stop afterwards at Vitamin Cottage for kombucha & spelt flour, exchanged the matt. pad at Kohl's & bought another one while the sale still is on, went to Whole Foods for turkey bacon. In the afternoon I washed the 2 new matt. pads & air dried them outside, which didn't take long. Our high temp. was 102! I hope that is the last hot gasp of summer. It was soooo hot!

Today I'll start shopping for a new dishwasher. I did some internet browsing yest., & read some reviews. We probably will buy from a well known local appliance dealer who will do the installation & warranty the work. I also need to re-visit the mattress place in the next 2 days & place my order for the mattresses. It's going to be an expensive month -- 2 mattresses & platforms, bedding, dishwasher, & DH has a crown prep later this week, so we'll have to pay half on that.

All my sewing is on hold for now. Too much going on. I hope everyone has a good start to their week.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique...Greg must have been terrified at what was happening to him. I hope they run every test in the book on him. I know you would like to know the results before you leave on vacation. I will be praying....Hugs.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I hope the drs can find out what is going on with Greg. It must have been terrifying for him and for y’all.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your prayers. He is stiff and tired today he said, like having a cold. Yes I would like to know before I go on holidays.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It has been crazy around our house. We brought the puppy home Thursday night. She whined the whole night. The last few nights have been better.;I have had to take her out twice during the night. I am dragging by the afternoon. Our other 3 dogs have started to get use to her.

Saturday night my DH had to take our diabetic cat to the vet hospital. He is still in the ICU. They are doing tests to see why he went into shock. I noticed he was bent over and panting. Hopefully he can come home tomorrow.

Well it is time to take the pup out.
    Monique— glad to see that your DS was able to go home. Hope the docs det. What happened.

Beth

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, how scary for your son. Hopefully, he can get into the dr quickly and they can find the issue or even better, it was just a one time thing.

JCY, the recommendation on a dishwasher for me was to get one with a built-in garage disposal. Those type are too expensive for me. We just wash dishes by hand which seems to get them cleaner than the last dishwasher we had. Sadly, they don't build anything to last anymore. My mom had a dishwasher for 25 years that worked great. The new ones won't last a third of that time.

Beth, I hope your cat gets doing better.

I did some sewing yesterday and cleaned on the sewing room. Today is suppose to be storms as we have already had a shower this morning. I am not sure if I will get to the sewing machine today as I don't like to have it plugged in when it is storming. I have several other projects that I can work on including cutting out some fabric.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No sleep last night and I've been yawning all day. I did fall asleep sometime in the early morning, because I woke up at 80 to daylight. I don't know what happened to the 4:30 am alarm. Anyway, hope tonight is better. Nothing exciting to report.

Charyti, my dad always said we didn't need a dishwasher because he already had 3 of them, (me and my sisters).

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post