Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Monday, Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday, Monday

Good Morning All,

Getting ready for the first day of home school this morning, and family dinner tonight. Chicken pot pie is on the menu.

Big news here... J decided that Mondays and Tuesdays are going to be his home school days with Grandma. I would have liked a little more notice. He thinks he'll stay all day, but not today. Mike's off and I have errands to run while he's here to drive me.

Coffee is done, and I've got chicken to start. Have a great day! Be creative!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday, Monday

Good Morning Everyone...We are gearing up for a big round of storms later today and tonight. I have a few errands to run this morning and the rest of the day is mine. If it would quit raining I would clean our carpet. No sense of doing it while there is so much mud and grass being tracked in by 16 feet.

We worked in Cuba Saturday and got a lot less done than we had hoped.

My spirits are lifting and I'm starting to feel like myself again to some extent. My heart is so sad for May and her family.

KPH, I almost have all of the tea cup blocks made. Now to figure out how to lay them out. I have seen several different ways they can go together. My border should get here today or tomorrow.

I guess I will mosey to the bedroom and put clean sheets on our bed. That's a job I love having done.

Have a wonderful day everyone....!

4. Thanks quiltingaway, pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning =)
    Chicken pot pie sounds really good. We had shepherd's pie last week, which always tastes better the next day. I need to spend a morning outside with my dogs on the deck , and read through some cookbooks. Sometimes a change is really good. Today looks to be a quiet day. Yesterday was trying. My sewing machine was making clunking noises off and on. Jack went and bought a new one. With computerized sewing machines, it is hard to know what to do to fix them. Had some moments of anxiety imagining life with out a sewing machine even if only for a few weeks if I had found a shop that could fix it. It says in the manual to service it 4 times a year. At $90 a service charge X4 that is the cost of a new machine. I will unpack the new one after supper.
    Have a great day .

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

@Minipinlady: A new sewing machine. That is so exciting!

@Bubby: My heart also breaks for Miss May!

@KPH: How wonderful that you help to homeschool your grandchildren. You are enriching their lives no end!

Tomorrow the mold mitigation team comes over, so I need to move EVEYTHING from the master bathroom to the 2nd bath. My understanding is that the room may be sealed up for as long as a week. I paid the RUSH fee, so it may not be that long for us. We recently discovered that our upstairs bathtub, shower, and toilet have had a small drainage leak for, well, we don't know how long. The plumbers wouldn't open the wall until we tested for mold. Of course, there was mold, so now it has to be mitigated. Then the plumber will come back. This is proving to be a weeks-long saga.

Just had the opposite experience with my air conditioner. Last evening, I kept saying, "I'm so hot." Eventually I looked at the thermostat and it was obvious that the system wasn't working: it was 85 degrees with the thermostat set to 78. At 8am I called a local repair company that has done work for us before. They were here before 9am and had the unit fixed by 9:30am for under $200. I am so enjoying the gentle cool air I'm feeling. I left them a super good Yelp review!

Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post