Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

I think time is getting away from me. I went to my bank account last night to pay a bill, and my balance was more than I thought it should be. Then Mike says, tomorrow is the 25th. Well duh, I got paid. I felt sort of dumb, I looked at the calendar wrong. I was thinking I got paid on Wednesday. Oh well, it comes in, it goes out. The economy is kept running.

Vandals hit two substations last night in a neighboring county. Over 6000 people without power. Now that's just mean! As hot as it's been! I hope it wakes up the power companies to increase their security! I just don't understand why people can do things that could hurt so many.

I worked on Ben's quilt yesterday. 18 blocks to finish quilting, then binding, and off in the mail. He's doing so well. His family went to the zoo yesterday.

Monday starts home school and family dinners on Mondays again. I have chicken out to make chicken pot pie for dinner tomorrow. I'll cook the chicken today. Mike's off today and tomorrow, so I'll have wheels to get errands done. I'm not sure if Zeke will come tomorrow. I think Morgan's off until Wednesday, so it's a maybe?

Have a great Sunday!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Sorry to hear about the power outage, Katrina. School already has started here in Colo.

Well, it looks like I'll be shopping for a new dishwasher. Sigh. Turned it on last night -- the usual hum -- then I never heard the water or the usual sounds. Opened up the door -- nothing! So... I hand washed 3 days of dirty dishes. This unit is a Maytag, which they don't make any more. It's been a very reliable appliance. We've had it many years. I guess all things eventually wear out.

Yest. a.m. after breakfast I headed out to the yard to do some weeding. We had partial cloud cover & a slower warm up than usual, so it was very pleasant working outside. I weeded the bed by the patio, then cleared around all the sprinkler heads in the back yard, & dug out some clumps of crab grass along the fence line. I also washed up the 2 new matt. pads & hung them outside to dry. I discovered I mistakenly picked out a matt. pad that is waterproof, which I don't want, so it's going back to Kohl's to exchange.

Church this a.m. I need to stop by Vitamin Cottage afterwards to get Kombucha & then to Kohl's for the pad exchange.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day all,
    Another crisp and sunny day. Love, love these temps with no humidity. GDs started school 2 weeks ago, and my GS starts this week. His sister is starting pre-k, but they stagger the entry for the little ones. Same school board that girl cousins but that school starts earlier and has more weeks off during the year. That pilot in our end of the city met with strong resistance, so it won't be implemented.

Katrina - how awful. I'm surprised they don't have this on video. They were lucky not to be injured, but hopefully will be caught.
    Joy - Argg for dishwasher. i guess you'll be shopping again.

I am still over the moon with my treasure shopping trip yesterday. DH was sure surprised when he came home. New bench & cushion on the porch, then opened the door to see my display of DSMs and other items. I really enjoy a sale, but only if I have something specific in mind. This sale ticked off many of those items on my list. The sale is run by a professional company and well organized, so you know a few days ahead the location and pictures of items it will offer. Prices are dirt cheap IMO. Whatever isn't sold by 2pm, they need to clear the house for owners. I posted pictures on separate thread.

My GF came over with a 10lbs bag of beets and we made a batch of 12 jars for her. I seem to be the go-to house for my friends to come make their pickles. The kitchen is perfect for this, and I have all the required pots and equipment. I have the pickling system down pat with minimal mess.

Today DH is bringing neighbour for a glider ride with an instructor. His wife & my GF will go to record the event. DH's son will also come for a ride. When I come home, I will go visit mom, and hopefully rest.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe from Mother Nature.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Every one =)
    Suzanne, you make me want to go treasure hunting. My husband is much like yourself for finding the best treasures and knowing their value before he makes the purchase. He's a Pisces so I am always surprised at his shopping stamina.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_7687.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	160448That said he is the world's easiest pushover when it comes to salesmen. Instead of getting a van a few years ago he was sold a SquishMobile. I truly hate that car. I am short and yet my kneecaps are a chin rest in that car. The Flintstones have a better car in my opinion. Hard to believe he is the same treasure hunter , that bought that car. I keep saying the military made clones of my husband, I never know which one will show up. I saw a lamp I liked at a thrift store auction and bid $35 on it. Next thing I knew my husband outbid me and went to $75. What ?!!! He said it was to make sure no one outbid me LOL.
    Jack heads back to Ottawa today. I had hoped to have a few days of quiet quilting to catch up on, but we have company coming on Friday, and suddenly it seems a dust storm occurred in my house when I wasn't looking. I am noticing the zillion things to do before company comes. I also need to bake up a lot of the GF cookies my son loves.
    I saw in a magazine a beautiful quilt I hope to make in Jan. I already made the turtle appliques a few weeks ago before I saw the magazine. Love the way the Universe works.
    Now if the vandals were zapped big time at the power station, people would scream better security. I would just say instant karma. Loss of power can cause serious problems for a lot of people.
    Good Morning Navywife =)
    Hope every one is having a great day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minipinlady View Post
    Good Morning Every one =)
    Suzanne, you make me want to go treasure hunting. My husband is much like yourself for finding the best treasures and knowing their value before he makes the purchase. He's a Pisces so I am always surprised at his shopping stamina.

That said he is the world's easiest pushover when it comes to salesmen. Instead of getting a van a few years ago he was sold a SquishMobile. I truly hate that car. I am short and yet my kneecaps are a chin rest in that car. The Flintstones have a better car in my opinion. Hard to believe he is the same treasure hunter , that bought that car. I keep saying the military made clones of my husband, I never know which one will show up. I saw a lamp I liked at a thrift store auction and bid $35 on it. Next thing I knew my husband outbid me and went to $75. What ?!!! He said it was to make sure no one outbid me LOL
    Oh too funny about your DH dealing for a car. I am not a pushover for salespeople, and never pay more than willing. If they won't budge enough on price, I get them to throw in extra services, options and warranties. In the end, they give in as I am relentless.

I do have a lot of stamina for shopping. Who else do you know that would travel in a 3 hour perimeter and go to 7 LQS and wineries. I don't go often but when I do, I can tire out my daughter, girlfriends. I am focussed and dedicated to the task, especially if there's a hunt involved.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, Everyone!

We have had some beautiful weather for the last few days -- cool, with a nice breeze. It has been nice having the windows open. Temps will be in the upper 70's, low 80's this week, and mostly dry. Perfect weather for Mom to sit outside.

I haven't spent much time in the sewing room lately. I think my last project was the 20-minute checkbook cover that took me longer than 20 minutes to make. Next weekend will be a long one -- Labor Day is September 2. Hard to believe it will be September already! Maybe I will spend some of it in the sewing room.

I decided not to try to switch jobs right now. The thought of applying for the equivalent of my old job at my current location made me unhappy. I don't know what the future will hold for my current job --50% of my workload is being redistributed -- but I'm going to wait and see...and pray I'm not making a mistake that will negatively impact my ability to retire.

Katrina: hope they catch the vandals who knocked the power out!
    Joy: can you have the dishwasher repaired instead of buying a new one?
    Suzanne: congrats on your finds, that vintage Singer is a beauty!

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    We got a lot done outside yesterday.
    The hot fence is back up and running, and the weed whacker just kept trimming stuff, so the yard is trimmed up for fall.
    I got started clearing out the milkroom too. It's amazing how things collect in places they don't really live. I'll finish putting that stuff away today now that it's clean and dry. I really need to muck out the barn, but that will involve a trip to town to pick up more bedding shavings. That may wait until tomorrow since I have to cross the bridge to the feed mill and to visit Mom.

I have been trying to get at least an hour of sewing in at night before bed. I'm starting to see some progress on things that have been piling up.
    I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to run the sewing project for the after school program for fall. I'm kind of wanting a break, but I also understand that we need to have classes for the the kids to sign up for. I'll talk to the coordinator and see what the schedule looks like.

Have a great day!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! The weather was fabulous yesterday. We had the windows up to let the breeze which felt like fall was coming soon. I got back into the sewing room yesterday and made some great progress. I think that I am going to head back in there in a bit and figure out another project. I need to start thinking about what I want to work on while at the Fall Forum Retreat. In five weeks, it will be happening.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Re: our dishwasher ~ Not sure it is worth a repair cost. This Maytag is 25 yrs. old. We've had it repaired once, 7 yrs. ago. It probably is time for a new one. I'll be letting my fingers do the walking as I browse on line.