• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Yeah, Saturday!

Good day,
    It's a beautiful sunny, crisp morning. I love this weather, with no humidity - I could enjoy this year round. I was up early and gave PJ a tummy rub. He sensed I was awake and took advantage of that. DH is up and getting ready to leave for gliding lessons. I am planning to go to a house content sale. I'm going to look at bicycle, sewing machines and shelves. I don't really need more machines, but the bike is a good one. If I don't keep for myself, my daughter has been looking for one.

Productive and busy day yesterday with my GF for VictorIa quilts - trimming quilts and prepping binding, cutting kits for the next few meetings and just having a blast in my sewing rooms.

Katrina - read your bad experience with JTC. I had to bring mom for follow up at hospital following hip surgery. We were first to be picked up in east end, then it picked up 3 people in east & south end. Since she was in wheelchair, she was secured in back, taking the brings of all the potholes. She started getting nauseous, finally it reached destination after an hour and a half. Return trip, only passenger, 15 minute ride home. I hope to never need this again.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Yeah, Saturday!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It feels a bit cooler this a.m., but it's still supposed to get to ~90 deg. today. I certainly hope we've seen the last of the 100's.

I'm hoping to get out in the yard after breakfast & do some weeding while it's cooler. I need to wash the bathroom rugs. With my new dryer, I can't use heat on them; I can only air fluff, then line dry outside.

I mentioned the boy who was attacked by the mountain lion. Wildlife officials are monitoring the area & have found 2 more mountain lions. Residents are being vigilant. Two lions already were euthanized & their remains sent to a lab for necropsy.

Since I posted yest. p.m., I don't have much more to say this a.m. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Comment

• Simply Quilting
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2013

Good morning! We had a fun time at the park yesterday. Unfortunately, our middle son twisted his ankle. I am hoping that it is just sprained and not broken. We will be taking him into Urgent Care here shortly to get an x-ray.

I have several projects that I am wanting to work on today but not sure how many I will get to. We will just have to see what the day brings.

Have a great day

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Suzanne, I've already made my reservations for next week, but I'm seriously thinking about changing them to the car instead of the bus. It will be double the cost, but I'll be the only passenger. I don't think it would have bothered me as much, if we'd done what I went to VERC to do.

I need to get started on Ben's quilt. I got the columns stitched yesterday. It's still hard on my wrist which leads to frustration on my end. I'd like to do more, but it's just not happening.

Time to get started. Mike will be home from work before I know it!
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• minipinlady
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2018

Good Morning Everyone =)
          Hello Navywife, I know you read forums at same time as I do.
          While everything here is either green or scorched, I can feel we are on the cusp of a lovely autumn. We have family coming next week for the long weekend so I hope to get lots of baking done, and some autumn decorating around the house, this week . I love orange table cloths and pillows.
          I am half way through a fence rail quilt for my youngest son. He bought the clover fabric, and some sunflower fabric 2 years ago at Joanne's in NY. I have to say I am enjoying making fence rails. The colors and the simplicity of them make me happy.
          I had hoped to make another autumn quilt this year like I did last year. Days go by so quickly now. That down hill momentum of being past the half century mark is making my clock go at warp speed now. I love autumn. Even though it is more practical to make a seasonal quilt before the season, I found I enjoyed it more working with the colors in sync with Mother Nature.
          May all the gods that be , smile upon your weekend.

Comment

• Navy Wife
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2013

Good morning minipinlady! I'm a little later today, but still about the same time!
            We finally got some rain yesterday, about 1 1/2 inches. Summer storms are so unpredictable! It is a bit cooler today also. Thirteen days of 90's is quite enough.

I have been trying to finish a quilt for my DGD. I've been working on it for more than a year, and I think she is about to give up! She bought a small house near her work. It was built in 1906,so she has decorated it in antiques and traditional fabrics. She rents it to interns in summer, and keeps it for snowy nights for herself in winter. She lives in Iowa, and has a 40 minute commute to work. The quilt is a Grandmother's Fan in fabric from Little House on the Prairie line. That happens to be her favorite book series. Now to quit writing and get to work!

Linda

Comment

• KarenC
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. My vacation is over and I am back to the heat of TX. Today is DGD's birthday party at my house. It's only family, so very little fuss. Looking forward to seeing her again. I hope to do some more quilting on Grandma's fan quilt. I'm itching to move on to the next project. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
              Karen
              Spring, TX

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

Quick update: Thankfully, son's ankle is not broken. It is only badly sprained so elevate, ice and ibuprofen. He is currently napping on the couch with his foot propped up on 4 pillows.

Comment

• toggpine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2009

We look to have some sun today. I'd love to spend all day at the machine, but I need to make sure the hot wire is up and running around the pasture. So that means the lawn mower and weed whacker will get some action today, and not my sewing machine!

I have the weekend and Monday before I have to be back to school. I've spent some time in the building already, but that's at my convenience. I don't suppose they are going to be very happy if I just show up whenever and leave early!
                  It will be good to see the children though. I miss all of the funny things they say and the satisfaction of seeing them light up when they figure out the hard stuff they were struggling with academically.

Here's to a great Saturday!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Woohoo! I was part of the first group let in to the house content sale. I quickly paid for the Husquarvana sewing machine and metal bench with 4 cushions. I also noticed a bin with binders and patterns. Quilting! Bonus. I will look through them later, but looks good. I also bought a lady's bicycle with fenders, to keep the mud off my back. I had to make second trip to pick it up. When I did, I looked in and the older singer was still there. I offered $30 and it was accepted. Both machines are in pristine condition and well cared for. There was a really old one, but I left that one. Thank God, there was no fabric in the house.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

DH will be stunned. He had no idea what I was up to today. Oh well I'm sure he's having fun gliding. Now to get ready to make pickled beets with my GF.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KarenC
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2015

What a SCORE Suzanne! You did well. Maybe I should have you go shopping for me sometime.
                      Karen
                      Spring, TX

Comment

• farmgirlretired
                        Binding Belle
                        • Nov 2016

Try having him sock his foot in epson salts 3x's a day. Takes out the pain. Just follow directions on box and use a bucket, depending how deep you need the water. I used very warm but not hot water.

Comment

• minipinlady
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2018

Wow Suzanne … You are an extraordinary shopper. Wishlist specials.

Comment

• KPH
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2015

What a great deal! lol, and I bought a clip board, you had a much better shopping trip!
                            Katrina
                            From NC, retired in FL
                            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                            X