Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hey hey it's Friday!!

Happy TGIF.
    I was on earlier but had to get showered and ready by 9am. Lord knows I don't do mornings well, unless it's to go to a quilt store or quilt with a friend. Dorothy & I were going to pick up 8 quilts from LAQ. One was Dorothy's, the others were for Victoria Quilts. This lovely LA does some every month for us at no charge. It also gives her practice quilts as she is new to her Gammill. So then we came back to my house. I trimmed the quilts, and Dorothy cut 3 kits for the next few month's meetings. I also sewed binsing for 2 quilts. Then we paired up fabrics to make other kits. I will sew the binding & labels on 2 quilts this week and return these when we meet next week. There will be a backing and batting bee next week.

Yesterday I finished piecing the kindred pinwheels quilt top. I have cut 1st border. Tomorrow, I will add the 2 borders and the top will be ready to finish. I think I may rent the LA for this one. It's almost kingsize.

Not much planned for the weekend except I am going to a house content sale, and there are several sewing machines, bicycle and shelves that interest me. You have to go at 8am to get an entry ticket & the sale starts at 9am. I haven't been lucky on getting in early, but DH will be gone early, so I will be up.

The weather is cooler but sunny. This is my kind of weather. Have a good weekend.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb ~ Yes, I'm shopping for both a recliner & the new mattresses. I tried out the recliner again today. Love it! I was all set to buy it, then the lady said they don't deliver! What?! They refer to an individual who does it for them -- not their employee. I left a msg. but haven't heard back yet. What I don't know is if he'll haul away my old recliner. So I haven't purchased yet.

Mattresses ~ Yes, I have those picked out, but have not placed my order yet. The factory is local & they are made to order. It takes 2-3 business days for them to assemble the mattresses & platforms. In the mean time I'm shopping for bedding, since none of our old sheets or matt. pads will fit a larger, deeper mattress. This is an added expense. I've been taking advantage of this week's Kohl's white sale + my coupon was for 30% off, so that's a huge savings. I went back to Kohl's this a.m. & bought 2 more queen size sheet sets, a full matt. pad for the guest bed, & a queen pad -- better quality with cotton topping -- for my bed. I would never want to pay full price for any of these items! All these linens (at reg. price) would total up to the price of a mattress, or more! It's not like we don't need sheets. Ha ha! Some of these sheets I've been using for >40 yrs. & you can actually see through them!

But all this shopping & internet browsing is time consuming & tiring. I'll be glad when everything is purchased, delivered & in place. I promised myself I would at least have a new recliner by the time DS#1 from MD visited the next time. The last time he was here, he asked me when I was going to replace it. This one we bought used >30 yrs. ago! But... it's been so comfy, & I just didn't want to take the time to shop. Well, my son is coming Sept. 20, so I want to have all this stuff done before his visit. Thus the push to get 'er done!

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was interesting!

JTA picked me up on time. We picked up another customer, dropped him off for dialysis. Headed out, I was thinking turn right and in a few minutes I'll be at VERC. NOOOOooooooooooo, they turned left, back past my subdivision, then over close to Jim and Morgan's house. I was late! Anybody that knows me, knows I don't do late! It was only 2 minutes, but still, over 45 minutes on the bus to be late!

So, I was ready to beat someone with a cane. Only thing is, my mobility instructor decided to try out filters. 20 in the hot, Florida sun, trying on (in my opinion) sunglasses. It's probably a good thing I didn't have a cane in my hands.

The bus was 30 minutes late picking me up, and another hour before I got home. I feel like I've been beaten. I told Mike I was ready to take a shower and put on my pajamas at 50. I've waited a bit, we warmed left overs for dinner. I think I'm going to hit the showers and go look at Ben's quilt. That may be as far as I get! We'll see.

Maybe next week, we'll do what I thought we were going to do today.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Katrina ~ How frustrating! It reminds me of one trip I took several years ago with the Super Shuttle van from my house to the Denver Airport. First of all, he was early; I was the first one he picked up. I wasn't even done with my breakfast & had to leave it on the table. Then we went to area hotels, out in the country to a house where the guy wasn't even ready, & a final stop in a N. Denver suburb. I think we were 2 hrs. getting to the airport. I was so upset. By the time we reached the airport my bladder was ready to burst, & I still had to check in & get through security & out to the concourse & gate. I barely made it. I complained to the company about that driver. I think our town no longer is serviced by Super Shuttle. I haven't flown for 5 yrs. so I don't know what the van service is like now.

I hope your next trip won't be quite so frustrating.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post