Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 6650 Craft Computerized Machine

Quote Originally Posted by MAMSAN View Post
    Yes ,the 6600 seems to have held it's value and then some. I paid about $1900 for mine, with all the stuff even the table. Saw a 6600 in a shop a year or so ago $2800.
    Kathy
    Wow! That is incredible! My Janome dealer ( for 25 years!) retired a couple of years ago and I can't find another one with his stock of machines. I bought a Janome 1600 clone (Singer S16) 4 years ago, and needed that wonderful Janome table, the table cost more than the machine! They all seem to be skyrocketing in price, but are all good machines.

2. Thanks Laurie B thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I love that table. Hard to believe the table cost so much now. When I first saw the machine with the table, one of gals in the shop who was trying hard to sell me the set up, told me the table was $200. My curiosity has got me now. I'm going to find the receipt for the machine and see if it was itemized. But I have everything that was an accessory.
    I will be visiting the store were I saw the $2800 machine soon, so I will be definitely looking to see what you get for that kind of money.
    Kathy

4. Thanks Laurie B thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering this machine too, I can't find how much of a discount this really is, can anyone help? Are we talking $200.00 off MSRP if purchased from Costco?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sarah,

I tried signing in to my old Costco account, but they won't give me a price without a current membership number. But I did pick up a clue! I searched on Janome, and I had the choice of $1-$999 or $1000-$2000. So my guess is that the 6650 is under $2000.

I hope that helps a bit.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My DIL looked up the machine and it is $1699. The problem is that regular Janome dealers won't service it ( they have some strict dealership rules on machines sold outside of their regular stores). I won't buy a machine that expensive without dealer support. So the machines similar that dealers sell is the 6700, which is a bit higher in price.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Good discussion on the Janome machine. I got the 9600 wide throat this last year and paid "LOTS" for it.. and it was on sale. Laughing .. esp when a machine is over 3,000.00.

It is My Life Time Machine for quilting... and there was NO table included. As my good fiend has a Janome and recommended them highly.. and with the research I did, it is definitely worth it. I have a dealer backed warranty and free service-cleaning for the 5 years after purchase.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Janome 6650 at Costco. It was on sale for $200 off, so was $1399.00. It's a really powerful machine. I've been enjoying it. I have a Pfaff 7550 which I always thought was a work horse, but this 6650 is AGGRESSIVE.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the tension just right with my favorite quilting thread (Glide), but I may be close to a solution (I think the machine might be finicky about having the quilting foot super close to the fabric.

In general, I'm really impressed with the machine. And with Costco's return policy, it's very hard to go wrong with it. The only down side is it doesn't ship with a knee lifter, so add $40 to the price....and it doesn't ship with a 1/4 inch foot, although I've heard that the 1/4 inch foot the 6700 ships with doesn't produce a good 1/4 inch and people tend to buy the clear foot. So add another $18 for the clear foot.
    Last edited by ElleK; November 13th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joannís is also carrying this model. At least you can test drive it before you buy because they actually have it in the store.