Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your family favorite?

I am once again stuck for an idea. This weekend is our annual family reunion/camp out and I have no idea what to bring for our dish to pass. Someone always brings potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans and sloppy joes. We have a very wishy-washy theme of "carnival" this year. There will be several large fryers set up for anything and everything fried. I want to bring something yummy but possibly a bit on the healthy side. The only thing I can come up with is fruit salad. Any suggestions??
    Thanks
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is your family favorite?

Deviled eggs. Love them. I do also love a Waldorf fruit salad, especially with the tiny marshmallows in it and toasted walnuts.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like to make sliced tomatos alternated with slices of mozzara garnished with fresh basil and a red wine vinaigrette you can drizzle on before serving. Nice dish to bring without too much fuss and always goes over well.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

7 layer salad? Throw together the night before. Pretty easy. Not sure how healthy bc of the bacon but would taste pretty blah if you left it out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Deviled eggs. Love them. I do also love a Waldorf fruit salad, especially with the tiny marshmallows in it and toasted walnuts.
    Kind of off track but was a funy thing. I had a baby shower here 2 weeks ago and people brought some side dishes. A few friends of my dd (black girls)commented why do white girls always bring deviled eggs to potlucks? Something I never gave a thought to, and sure enough two people actually did bring deviled eggs. Her friends thought it was pretty funny and said See? We told you so!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Muuuuummmm, my hubby made the best deviled eggs. somehow i never made any.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh deviled eggs, always had to make a dozen eggs if Uncle Bill was going to be there! He's slowed down, but it's still one of his favorites.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

10. Thanks Trudy A thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of deviled eggs, a good way to transport them is in the egg cartons or ice cube trays. Instead of cutting the eggs in half lengthwise cut them in half horizontal. Does that make sense?? A long time ago I made the best eggs I'd ever eaten, it had sour cream in it, but I didn't keep the recipe and I've been searching for it everywhere. I got it from a Taste of Home magazine.
    As far as what to bring, I like a sausage/cheese tray with crackers. You can use healthy crackers. Stuffed tomatoes. Fresh fruit served in a hollowed out watermelon bow. Cut a small amount of the rind off the bottom so it sits up straight and doesn't roll all over. Have fun at your reunion.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! Deviled eggs are always a hit but I think I will be going with the red, white and blue cheesecake salad. I did get raspberries and black berries to add to it also.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta