• Dec 2018

Re: Gluten free

COCONUT MACAROONS ***
    1 and 1/3 cups shredded coconut
    1/3 cup sugar
    2 tbsp. rice flour
    2 egg whites
    1/2 tsp. almond extract
    Preheat oven to 350F. Beat egg whites until stiff, then add in extract. Add in the dry ingredients . Drop by spoonful on greased baking sheet. Bake for about 25 min or until golden.

Comment

• minipinlady
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2018

Last but not least...We can't forget our loyal and loving companions. Given the dog food deaths and scares, this is the homemade dog treats I make for my sweeties, and for my son's Doberman Copper.
      ***GLUTEN FREE DOG BISCUITS***
      2 and 1/2 cups coconut flour ( rice flour can also be used )
      2 tbsp. flax seeds
      2 extra large eggs
      3/4 cup pure pumpkin
      1/4 cup water ( I had to use more than that ) . Mix all together , leaving flour as last ingredient to be added in. Spread out dough on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 35 to 45 min or until golden brown. I doubled the recipe to fill a rectangle baking sheet. I also cut the squares with a butter knife before they were baked. That made it easy to break them apart when cooled. If your dog loves peanut butter or honey, you can spread a thin amount across the top before baking. I have mini pins so they only eat these when there is no lasagna or beef barley soup to be had...LOL
      Last edited by minipinlady; August 20, 2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2018

thanks for all the recipes
        reading, which i would not of thought to look without your post.
        https://coconutfactsandfood.blogspot...-by-bruce.html
        Coconut flour behaves very differently from other flours. It cannot be substituted entirely for wheat flour in standard recipes, and it needs to be combined with wheat, rye, or oat flour.
        am not sure if your aware of copy write law but posting recipes from a book is normally forbidden even in the best of intention
        from post 13
        These recipes came from a recipe book called Cooking With Coconut Flour" by Bruce Fife N.D.
        cooking with coconut flour
        "Coconut cures" by Bruce Fife N.D.
        if press 'look inside' in the link it does actually say. dont want you to get into any trouble, because it was extremely kind of you to do all this
        am also pleased to learn it has helped you
        hugs T
        Last edited by 201 Treadler; August 20, 2019, 01:27 PM.
        🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

• minipinlady
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2018

Sharing recipes was not something I would think of as stealing someone's book. Not all the recipes are from his book such as the rice flour ones. I know there is a glut of GF Books out there and most are not worth a penny, with awful tasting dishes. I know quite a few members here are GF and I was sharing with them. Easier to post than type each email individually. I know there are few thought police here, if they wish to complain, I am sure moderators will hear from them. As to the wheat debate I have heard them all already. I have lived long enough to know everything is arguable. If you read further you will learn about north American wheat being modified with their own little poisons. I am envious you live in a country that does not allow GMO's in your wheat corn soy etc. For those of us here, we are not given a choice , it's eat it or don't eat it.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2018

dear minipinlady
            please be aware was being friendly to you. thanking you for your efforts, even educating me in something did not know, and pointing out in a friendly way in-case you were not aware, I even said did not want you to get into trouble, is that not someone looking out for you?

As for our farming practises in the UK that is between the farmers and the relevant Government office, its not always greener on the other side.
            Am gluten free due to health reasons of which is not a great topic,
            a store bought cake from a gluten free section floored me last year, am still working on getting some quality of life back.
            it was the day grandad was rushed to hospital, (after rushing round to help him,), having settled him at hospital me having no food was dizzy and thought better get something from a store, thought all cakes in that section were gluten free, that cake had rhy flour in, accidents happen.
            hope we can be friends
            hugs T
            🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

• minipinlady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2018

Hello T …
              I hope your grandfather is doing okay now. Hospitals are not fun places. Sorry to hear you are recovering from eating something not good for you. My son is ill tonight from having eaten some cooked turkey burgers I had frozen for him. I had to contact my husband to not eat the ones he has with him. I am ever so careful cooking , and I am left wondering if maybe the ground turkey was not good when I bought it ( ?) I do hope you feel better soon.
              I had heard the UK banned GMO stuff . My husband is going to the UK next month. He's been looking forward to the better food there. I have never been there. I got as far as Canada and fell in love with the country and the people , and never left.
              Glad I caught your post tonight. I am just putting quilting stuff away, as I finished a single reversible quilt I have been working on. I decided to take a break and have a tea before putting everything away. I find when I have tea , it is becoming a habit to look at the forums , and the MSQC website too.
              Will keep you in good thoughts and hope you are feeling A one soon. Have a good night. =)

Comment

• Sewnanc
                Machine Stitcher
                • Jan 2019

Thank you for the GF recipes, my hubby needs GF so I will be trying some of them.

Comment

Working...
                X