Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Morning Hellos! :)

Katrina, I can sympathize with the pet-induced insomnia. Our 20 year old cat wakes us up around 1am and again at 4:15 every single night.
    Thankfully, our grand-puppy is a good sleeper when we puppy sit for him. The trick is to take him for about 4 good walks/day. He loves to hike but even a walk around our neighborhood calms him down and he'll sleep through the night.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone! It is a beautiful day here, in the seventies. Yesterday I dusted and then I took Teddy (the pug-shih Tzu mix) to Pet Food Express where he had a nice, relaxing bath. He is just the best dog - he walked up the tile steps to the wash basin, no shaking or whining. He really enjoys his bath. And now he is so soft and clean. I wish I could wash the other two dogs (40 pound Irish terrier mix and a German Shepherd) by myself but they do NOT enjoy baths. My husband has to wrestle them into the basin. And the GS cries/howls. People keep walking in to check on us because I'm sure it sounds like we are torturing her.

Today I hope to get some more quilting done. We shall see. I hope you all have a good Monday!

Jeannette

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, again ~ Well, it's promising to be a record breaking high temp. day for this date. It's already 101 & we're not even to the hottest part of the day yet. One of the adult rabbits in the back yard was totally stretched out on the ground under one of the trees. I imagine it's hot with all that fur.

I had a list of questions for the mattress place so I called this a.m. I've been shopping for a new mattress for my bed, maybe also one for the guest room & DH's BR. I asked if there would be a discount for buying more than 1 mattress. They all could be delivered with just 1 delivery fee. The co. will take away the old mattress & set up the new one. I'm still sitting on the fence, but I know I need to replace our mattresses. I've been browsing on line today pricing cotton sheets for the thicker mattresses. Hmmm. That will be an expensive buy, too! Kohl's is having a white sale this week; I'll go see what they have. The mattress place recommended dreamfit.com; I've looked at their sheets. I suppose I should think about replacing our pillows as well. I like a feather pillow so I can scrunch it any way I want. Foam pillows are too hot. Decisions, decisions. Buying fabric would be easier! LOL.

The laundry is done for the day; I did 4 loads. I need to get on with the rest of the day's chores before the house heats up. Even with the swamp cooler going, the house really warms up from the afternoon sun, which hits the front of our house.

Feeling bad for Barb with all the family problems going on there. I plan to look up the house explosion article.

An arsonist was apprehended & arrested in a fire at a local home/building supply this week end. He still was in the building setting more fires when the fire dept. showed up. They tackled him & held him for the police. The store owner gave a rough estimate of at least $500,000. worth of damage. In our 2013 flood they experienced heavy damage & costs to clean up & remodel. This is an old established business that was in our town long before Home Depot or Lowe's built here. I feel bad for them with yet another set-back.

Well, the next order of business is some lunch.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JCY
    We have had good results with the sheets from Target. I'll check the actual name, but I think they are the Traditions. My sister suggested them.
    I buy them separately since we had a waterbed and the top sheets are still good, but the bottom sheets didn't fit the new mattress. The sheets are 100% cotton, smooth, and hold up to washing really well. They also have a tag that tells you if it's a side or bottom/top edge of the fitted sheet. Very handy instead of skootching the sheet around trying to fit the proper edge.
    Sometimes they have really good sales.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

8. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post