• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Here we are at the start of another day. I'm planning to take it easy today. It will be church this a.m. A quick stop at Safeway on the way home to take advantage of their sale on Breyer's ice cream, then home for a relaxing day. Might get some sewing done.

Yest. I did 2 more loads of laundry, got my much needed massage, & stopped at the groc. store. In the afternoon a cold front came through. In the afternoon we had high blustery winds, but no rain. It blew down a bunch of twigs off the honey locust trees, so I gathered up those so they can go out in the garbage tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good day.
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Sunday Morning Greetings!

Good Morning....I'm pretty tired today after our day working at the apartments yesterday. I hadn't been there for a few weeks and I got out of shape for climbing stairs.

I would love a slow day and may be able to make that happen. I want to get some sewing done. It's so good to be home and back on the forum where we speak the same language. I need to do some serious cleaning in the near future. So much of the last few months revolved around the wedding and making quilts and gifts that I let a few things go. Cooler weather is just around the corner.

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday. Hugs.....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning,

Well, whiny is here. Her name is Pepper and while she's a good dog, she whines! It took her a while to settle down last night. I put my fireworks quilt that I made for the camper on Howard's side of the bed. I'm not sure she likes the water bed, but she did settle down and only got up a couple of times to roam around.

Yesterday, Mike and I went to the Honey Bee Festival. It was really crowded and loud! We went and checked it out before Jim's family went. There was a small kids area with a few things to do. They had a hive you could see in and tons of factoids all over the place. I was amazed that the queen lays her body weight in eggs each day, about 1500- 2000 eggs. I bought creamed honey- it's raw honey, blended with cinnamon. Mike wanted the creamed honey with chocolate. Both are delicious!

Time to get started. Pepper is listening to the morning traffic, and whining to go back outside. Thank goodness we have a long lead I can hook on her at the back door and she can explore the 'boring' back yard to her hearts content.
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• baslp
        The Guild President
        • Sep 2012

Good morning. It will be hot,humid, and hazy here. We will be having our 5 th heat wave. I switched to my other sewing machine that has a bigger throat area which makes quilting easier. I have not used it for a yr or two. It took awhile to find the walking foot that fits it. I have 26 more lines to go. Guess I had better get to it.

Have a good day.
        Beth

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning,
          I vote with Joy and others for a quiet day! My definition is quite different. Stay home, off the roads, even if it means doing loads of laundry. Since hydro costs are lowest on weekends and at night, that's usually when I do laundry. Week days are broken down by high & medium rates. So laundry today, pick up coffee filters and short visit with mom to bring her tomato and cucumber from garden.

Yesterday I picked up some Vision corn at the farmers market as well as other veggies. I also picked up my new glasses. I love them, even if I look like a librarian. My son dropped by to get a doc printed. He did warn me he looked awful, and he was right. Pink eye in both eyes. His face is no longer swollen from the big bite last week. While he's feeling better, he looks a mess. I don't think any doctor would send him out to work in high profile area with the public. We shall see. Then we got rain but not as bad as other areas of the province, where there was flooding and damaging hail.

We invited our friends & neighbours for a drink later today. We need to finalize our road trip to PEI and NB. We will spend 4 days with them in PEI, then they will go off to Nova Scotia to visit family. We will drive to New Brunswick and spend time in St.Andrews by-the-Sea. Return trip stopping in Quebec. This will be the longest car trip with our new SUV. I'm still getting used to all the electronic features. Sometimes, I turn them all off so I can be in control. No beeps, no flashing lights, beep, beep, beep.

Enjoy your day and put up your feet if you can.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Granny Judy
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2011

Am resting up after the week full of ER's and Surgeries. All with DD#2. Severe Pain, which led to a hernia repair: ER visit #1. home right after surgery.. one day of post op and severe pain: ER visit #2.. Strangulated bowel. Intestine slipped under the mesh since it was too small. This time they kept her.. til she has a BM.

I talked to her on the phone last night and she is passing gas. Feeling much better and getting stronger. Yup, this is the same kid who has Breast Ca. Stage 4. The same one Who just got clean scans and tests this past month after 3 years of chemo, surgeries and radiation.

I got into the sewing room yesterday and quilted 2 kids panel quilts.. hopefully I can get the 3d one sandwiched and done today. I still have the binding to do on them. Pics to follow once I've finished. I need to get them done and out of here before the kids go off to school next week.

We get a lot of green mold around here, so the handi-man pressure washed the house, garage and patios (front and back).. Wow, sure made a difference and I can sit out back on the "clean" patio with my cup of coffee and visit with Mama Nature.

*** Just got word that She is coming Home...today***
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

• JulieC
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2016

Good Morning! We had quite the thunderstorm roll through here around 6am. It is sunny now, and will be a hot one -- temps in the 90's.

I went to see Jenny on the Road in Michigan yesterday. I left Friday afternoon and spent the night in Ypsilanti. It was a great show! It was fun to see all the Doans -- Jenny, Ron, Jake, Misty and their kids. I waited about half an hour in line for my pic with Jenny. I would definitely go again if she comes to Ohio. Kudos to the M* team for including everyone: there was a gal in a motorized wheelchair sitting in front of the stage, trying to get Jenny's attention. She wanted to meet Jenny, but could not get in line because of the steps. As soon as Misty's dad was aware of the problem, he made arrangements for her to use an elevator. She got to meet Jenny on the stage and get her picture taken. The look on her face was priceless.

Time to work on my grocery list -- there's lots to do today, and it's back to work tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

IMG_1505.jpg

Comment

• minipinlady
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2018

O wow Julie to meet Jenny , you are so lucky ! Glad to hear the trunk shows are so good. It's on my wish list to go to one someday.
                It's quiet here tho' hot again. We had fog all last night and early morning. I changed all my table cloths to autumn ones this morning. It's my favorite time of year. I need to add the last touches to a single quilt I made. Than hopefully get started on another one for my new daughter in law for Christmas. Her favorite colors are grey and white so it will feel like a quiet quilt. After that I want to make a Canadian quilt for my oldest son. I can feel the time ticking too quickly as it is, but with roughly 17 weeks till Christmas, I know I need to get my gift quilts made soon. A quiet day is a wonderful thing, hope every one is enjoying it.

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2015

Good afternoon my forum friends! I hope you are all having the kind of day you want, whether it's sewing or something else. I am stitch in the ditch quilting my hexagon quilt. I made a mistake and sewed in a fold on the backing. I am trying to decide whether to rip it out and redo it or not. It's just that I am tired of this quilt. And who ever looks at the back anyway? But I feel like I am not doing a good job if I don't rip it out. Well I guess I'm lucky if that's all that is pressing on me. Have a wonderful day!

Jeannette

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Back again. It wa a slow moving and pleasant kind of day. Sort of mellow now as I have enjoyed some of our new wines.

Judy - your Daughter is lucky. Strangulated bowels are quite serious. Glad to hear that she is on the mend.
                    JulieC - I didn't doubt that you would enjoy meeting the Doans. They are such a genuine family. I would not hesitate to see them again.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                    X